Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Help me overclock my system please....

Last response: in Overclocking
June 9, 2011 1:34:53 AM

Hey guys, well im looking for some help. I want to overclock my pc, this his my hardware:

MSI P55-GD55
Intel i5 750 2.66ghz
COrsair 4gb 1600mhz
ATI HD RADEON 5770
Sentey 900w power supply
CM Hypere 212 cpu cooler
WDC 1tb 7200rpm

Well the thing is that i dont have a clue of how to do it, what things should i enable or disable, what do have to modify in the bios??

This overclock is intended for getting a better performance on FSX, id like to overclck my cpu to 3.4ghz.

I'd really appreciate it! :) 

More about : overclock system

Best solution

June 9, 2011 2:26:46 PM

Bump the BCLK frequency to 180Mhz, leave the CPU multiplier at 19. Put the Memory multiplier (also known as the strap) at 8, giving an effective memory clock of 1440MHz. Bump the vcore voltage to something around ~1.375v, ensure load line calibration is enabled, bump the PLL and IMC voltages a little higher than what they are at stock. Ensure the DDR voltage is at whatever the manufacturer says it should be at (usually 1.5v but check on the side of the sticks, Corsair are sometimes 1.65v). Don't touch anything to do with PCI-E frequency. Hope this helps.
June 19, 2011 5:42:31 PM

Best answer selected by ricparis.
m
l
Related resources
June 19, 2011 5:43:17 PM

Thank you very much, i'll let you know the results!!! :hello: 
m
l
June 19, 2011 6:14:20 PM

Griffolion said:
Bump the BCLK frequency to 180Mhz, leave the CPU multiplier at 19. Put the Memory multiplier (also known as the strap) at 8, giving an effective memory clock of 1440MHz. Bump the vcore voltage to something around ~1.375v, ensure load line calibration is enabled, bump the PLL and IMC voltages a little higher than what they are at stock. Ensure the DDR voltage is at whatever the manufacturer says it should be at (usually 1.5v but check on the side of the sticks, Corsair are sometimes 1.65v). Don't touch anything to do with PCI-E frequency. Hope this helps.

Ok, im having some problems, in my bios i dont see any memory clock, instead of that i seee "Memory ratio" and "QPI ratio"

Same thing with the voltages,

On cpu voltage the maximum is 0.303V so i cant take it to 1.375 i think that means i can only take it up to 1.303.

Instead of IMC i have VTT?

What should i do?
m
l
!