Directivo and enternal dvd burner

I currently have a Directivo Phillips DSR-708 unit.

I also have an iomega external dvd burner. The ports on the back
consist of a square usb port and two RCA jacks (red and white).

I want to be able to burn TIVO recordings or live TV directly to a DVD.

Is there a way to hook the Iomega to the Phillips DSR708 and directly
burn DVDs? Seems like it should, but I cannot figure out a connection.

I also own a DAC-100 FireWire Digital/Analog Video Capture-Converter
that I can stick in the mix.

Since there is only a usb square port and two audio ports (no firewire
or s-video) input on the external burner, I am not sure how to do this.

Thanks

mpgartland@sbcglobal.net
2 answers Last reply
More about directivo enternal burner

    CORRECTION-I don't even know my own equipment. My ADC is a Canopus
    ADVC-100.

    MPG wrote:
    > I currently have a Directivo Phillips DSR-708 unit.
    >
    > I also have an iomega external dvd burner. The ports on the back
    > consist of a square usb port and two RCA jacks (red and white).
    >
    > I want to be able to burn TIVO recordings or live TV directly to a
    DVD.

    > Is there a way to hook the Iomega to the Phillips DSR708 and directly
    > burn DVDs? Seems like it should, but I cannot figure out a
    connection.

    > I also own a DAC-100 FireWire Digital/Analog Video Capture-Converter
    > that I can stick in the mix.
    >
    > Since there is only a usb square port and two audio ports (no
    firewire
    > or s-video) input on the external burner, I am not sure how to do
    this.

    > Thanks
    >
    > mpgartland@sbcglobal.net

    It sounds like where your burner has no video in, you're out of luck doing
    this real time. What you'd probably need to
    do is use the canopus to capture the audio/video to your PC, then burn from
    your PC to your burner. Most external
    DVD burners these days simply don't support what you're trying to do (note,
    I'm not referring to dedicated home stereo
    type DVD burners, but PC related burners).

    MPG wrote:
    > CORRECTION-I don't even know my own equipment. My ADC is a Canopus
    > ADVC-100.
    >

    > MPG wrote:
    >> I currently have a Directivo Phillips DSR-708 unit.
    >>
    >> I also have an iomega external dvd burner. The ports on the back
    >> consist of a square usb port and two RCA jacks (red and white).
    >>
    >> I want to be able to burn TIVO recordings or live TV directly to a
    >> DVD.
    >>
    >> Is there a way to hook the Iomega to the Phillips DSR708 and directly
    >> burn DVDs? Seems like it should, but I cannot figure out a
    >> connection.
    >>
    >> I also own a DAC-100 FireWire Digital/Analog Video Capture-Converter
    >> that I can stick in the mix.
    >>
    >> Since there is only a usb square port and two audio ports (no
    >> firewire or s-video) input on the external burner, I am not sure how
    >> to do this.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> mpgartland@sbcglobal.net

Tivo DVD Burner Home Theatre