Windows 7 back up corruption question

okay I just got a new laptop with windows 7. I started to back up my entire system as a system image to couple of dvd's. at the third dvd, my laptop ran out of power even though it said it was at 60 percent and had supposedly 2 hours left power. When I resumed my system, windows found errors on the third disk. I assume this was because of the power loss. I put in a new cd and completed the back up.

Is it likely that my back up got corrupted?
7 answers Last reply
More about windows back corruption question
  1. Yes, on the first backup attempt. If you made another full backup after you plug in the power and restart, that copy of the backup should be fine.
  2. I backed up idifferent sections, in discs. So that would mean the disc being written on while the power went off would only be corrupted right?
  3. So dvd number 1 and 2 is still from the first backup attempt and dvd number 3 is a new disk made in second attempt?
  4. no, 1 and 2 are of the first back up, the third one is still part of the original back up. the third one got errors when the power went out. I am doing a scond attempt at making disc 3 of the back up. the back up requires multiple cdäs to back up the entire system since they are only 4.7 Gb each
  5. What are u using for back up?

Battery power status is an average till that moment u look at it,

so if u look at it before intensive use of CPU it doesn't reflect correct amount of battery charge left. It adjusts shortly after. That's why u had all of the sudden only 2hrs left.
  6. I will play it save and do a full backup again with power connected to the wall. After all dvd's are cheap and it is a pain to go through your laptop manufacturer to get a copy of the Window restore disc, if you need to restore in the future and found out that your backup is actually screwed up.
  7. I have tired Windows 7 snap-in backup once and never use it again because everytime i tired to backup my system drive. it would pop up an notice, saying there is an error. What kind of error? I don't know. It just won't let me do this. So I switched to free backup tool: Easus todo backup on download.cnet sucussfully done and i use it to do my daily jobs. at download cnet holds lots of backup freebies.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Windows 7 Power