AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE Bad Temps ?

G

Hello, i was just wondering about my temperatures. Got my new PC about a week ago, which was put together by the same company from where i ordered the components and so one day i just thought i would look at my temperatures. I was just curious and wanted to be sure everything is ok, but all the programs ive used so far have shown suspiciously High temperatures, so im asking here, are the temperatures OK or is something wrong ? My ambient temperatures is around 20 - 22C

G

Forgot to mention i also have a CPU cooler : Xigmatek Scorpion .

G

But why does speedfan show 78C with a burning sign, and HWmonitor sensor chip temp is as high as well... Isnt that something to be worried about ?

Seabreeze, im not sure myself, is there a way i can find out ?

What program should i be running to test my load temperatures ?

chillon

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
But why does speedfan show 78C with a burning sign, and HWmonitor sensor chip temp is as high as well... Isnt that something to be worried about ?

Seabreeze, im not sure myself, is there a way i can find out ?

What program should i be running to test my load temperatures ?
I have found that RealTemp is the most accurate. Download Prime95 and run a stress test if you want to check your load temps, just know it takes a while for the CPU to get heated up properly.

jennyh

Splendid
Use AMD overdrive for your best temps with a Phenom. At least if it is saying the same numbers as another prog then they are both probably right. Or they are both reading the same sensors wrong. :p

AMD overdrive + Speedfan gives me the exact same temps without fail.

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
honestly i dont know whats wrong with my 955. I have a corsair H50, veeery good airflow, and ambient temps of 68 C, but.... idle temps 34 C (doesnt really change at 3.7 ghz). Load never goes past 50 though

PS: Jennyh i never got your sig, does it mean to say game over amd?

jennyh

Splendid
'Black' Vision is the upcoming enthusiast desktop platform from AMD, encompassing the top end cpu, chipset and graphics. I don't know for sure but I would assume this is the successor to the Dragon platform.

The 'game over' part is a statement that Nvidia are pretty much on the way out after this platform is released.

yannifb

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009

oh ok that makes more sense. You think that black vision will have a 5850 or 5870 gpu?

jennyh

Splendid

All three of the top cpu's would be considered as part of it, that is the 5850, 5870 (both versions) and 5870x2.

PcUser113

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
So i accidentally forgot to respond to the confirmation email, and i think my account got deleted... But this is still me here, the one who started this thread.

I have ran Prime95 and got my PCs load temperatures....

My load temperatures seem to be pretty high :??:
Is everything OK or should i be worried about my PC ?

chillon

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009

For 3.2Ghz it seems a bit high in my opinion. Not a lot though, just a little.

PcUser113

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Seems high to me as well, since i´ve read that some people dont get load over 50C.
What is wrong ? I do have a CPU cooler so it shouldnt be that hot. How can i fix this ?

chillon

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009

First I would check if the heatsink is dust free and after that I would remove it and check and redo the thermal paste. If you have dried paste with cracks in it then you know there's been air between the CPU and the heatsink, then you could lap the CPU's heatspreader and or heatsink. It can also be that your core gets too much voltage, reducing voltage to the minimum working amount will reduce heat. What you do is you check the manufacturers homepage and look up the min requirement for voltage, then you run Prime95 for two or three hours using that minimum voltage. If you do not get any errors then you lower the voltage a bit and do it all over again. You can also google to see if anyone already found the min required voltage for your CPU @ stock speed.

It might also be that your heatsink sucks and you need a better one, I don't know anything about your model so I cannot say.

name_here

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2009
i also have this problem

i think its a bug,as my temp3 also reads exactly 77-78 c

i think there is a bug somewhere,a false reading maybe but tomorrow im going to get some advice off the it guy i know who has been doing this thing for 14 years,maybe he will know..at least i know now its not my motherboard or power supply causing this