PALIT Nvidia GeForce GTX 275

Status
Not open for further replies.

rehan1974

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Hi Guys

i just bought the Palit GTX 275 card with two cooling fans, i never had a Graphx card with two fans before, so it looked a bit odd. Any how, my question is, What is the safe core temperature for the the GTX 275, i was playing CRYSIS and the temperature reached 74 degrees celcius, i am a bit worried about the temperature. Can anyone help me plzzz? I am using HIPER 580 watts PSU, plzzzz can someone response ASAP. Thank you.

rehan1974

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009

Thanks for that, My fan control in the Vtune utility came with the driver CD allows me to change the Fan speed, at this moment its set as Dynamic speed but it stays constant at 40%, related to the previous question, if i switch to Fixed speed i can change the speed to my choosing, should i leave it on Dynamic speed or change it to Fixed speed and choose my own speed? Also the temperature is 78 degrees not 74, my mistake in the previous question. Thanks for your help.

rehan1974

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Thanks for that, My fan control in the Vtune utility came with the driver CD allows me to change the Fan speed, at this moment its set as Dynamic speed but it stays constant at 40%, related to the previous question, if i switch to Fixed speed i can change the speed to my choosing, should i leave it on Dynamic speed or change it to Fixed speed and choose my own speed? Also the temperature is 78 degrees not 74, my mistake in the previous question. Thanks for your help.

hundredislandsboy

Distinguished
On my GTX 260, I always manually set my GPU fan to at least 80% and sometimes 90% depending on room temperature just so I know I'm doing all I can to keep the temps as low as possible - even with the high fan setting Crysis makes the GPU heat up to 72-74. But if I relied on software, the GPU fan rpm won't increase until the temps are in the high 70's and the temps still wind up in the 80's. I'd rather the fan burn out first before the GPU. BTW, I use XFX cards for the lifetime warranty.

boulard83

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Im using EVGA* precision and i use 40% when idling and as soon as im gaming i set the GPU fan to 70% and my temps never go above 70c. Im in the 50-60 while gaming depand on the game with AWESOME case air flow. Having a fan on the bottom of the case blowing to the GPU is helping ALOT.

My case have 4 intake and 4 exhaust + WCed CPU that dont blow its heat on the case. Remember taht if the inside temp of your case is HIGH, you cooling with High temp air.... thats not effective !

* It work with ANY nvidia card .. not only EVGA

rehan1974

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
Hi Guys its been a while since i put up a question here or replied, any how, Olivier i have changed my Graphx card from Nvidia GTX 275 to XFX ATI redeon HD 5770, it absolutely brilliant and i don't have to change fan speed till to date. Its dual fans and they are on dynamic speed, which i can change using crystal control centre CCC, a utility provided by ATI, so i haven't change the fan speed so far and all is well. I hope this helps man.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.