Now this was weird...

I have a female Sim with two children. She has never been married and
has no relationships going right now. She was giving a party and
flirted with another Sim. The children had no prior relationship to
this other Sim.

When mommy Sim flirted, the children ran over to her with the broken
wedding ring icon over their heads and started crying and yelling. The
memories said "Caught John [the other Sim] cheating."

The other Sim is also single.

I found that highly weird...

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
<snip>
> The other Sim is also single.
>
> I found that highly weird...

It's weird, but that seems to be how jealousy works. Kids don't like
their parents flirting or doing anything romantic with anyone but
their other parent. Nevermind that they might be divorced, or dead,
or don't even exist...

I know you don't like mods, but I swear they make the game play more
sensibly. Pescado has a mod to make jealousy (of which this is a _really_
weird example) more realistic. The only thing I can think of is is this male
sim related to the children's father(s)? They have that kind of reaction
when a relative engages in romantic activities when they are already in love
with another sim, even if they have met none of the Sims involved before.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

Madame Mim wrote:
> I know you don't like mods, but I swear they make the game play more
> sensibly.

I don't dislike mods. I'm just waiting till I get Univ installed before
downloading any more. I hear all these horror stories on this ng and
don't want to give myself more work picking through my downloads folder
than I already have.

> Pescado has a mod to make jealousy (of which this is a _really_
> weird example) more realistic. The only thing I can think of is is this male
> sim related to the children's father(s)?

Nope, I created these children out of whole cloth, both as infants, with
the mother, whom I also created, and until today, none of them had met
the other Sim.

--
--Cuth

On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:56:27 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>When mommy Sim flirted, the children ran over to her with the broken
>wedding ring icon over their heads and started crying and yelling. The
>memories said "Caught John [the other Sim] cheating."
>
>The other Sim is also single.

Were the children adopted?

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:56:27 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
> <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>When mommy Sim flirted, the children ran over to her with the broken
>>wedding ring icon over their heads and started crying and yelling. The
>>memories said "Caught John [the other Sim] cheating."
>>
>>The other Sim is also single.
>

> Were the children adopted?

Nope, I created them.

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:56:27 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
>> <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:
>>

>>> When mommy Sim flirted, the children ran over to her with the broken
>>> wedding ring icon over their heads and started crying and yelling.
>>> The memories said "Caught John [the other Sim] cheating."
>>>
>>> The other Sim is also single.
>>

>> Were the children adopted?
>

> Nope, I created them.

Then she is cheating on the intellectual ideal that is their father
(i.e. you).

-georg

Jeremy Reaban wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>The other Sim is also single.
>>
>>I found that highly weird...
>

> It's weird, but that seems to be how jealousy works. Kids don't like
> their parents flirting or doing anything romantic with anyone but
> their other parent. Nevermind that they might be divorced, or dead,
> or don't even exist...

But they weren't jealous of their parent, they were jealous of the other
Sim, is my point, someone they have biological relationship to and whom
they'd never met until that minute.

--
--Cuth

On Sat, 28 May 2005 00:26:24 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Nope, I created them.

In make-a-sim?

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Sat, 28 May 2005 00:26:24 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
> <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:
>

>>Nope, I created them.
>

> In make-a-sim?

The regular family creation in the game.

--
--Cuth