pcoetzee

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
I would like to upgrade my AMD Sempron 3000+ processor. My Motherboard is a model GA-K8RS482M from Gigabyte Tech.

jimishtar

Distinguished
May 15, 2009

ok, nice to know that. maybe u wanted to ASK something? ask = question.

No info on gigabyte's website. I would contact the computer manufacturer. It's hard to say what your proprietary board will run without more info from gigabyte's website. You can also use cpuid (a free download) to id your socket type and memory specs, which might help determine the best cpu to try.

4745454b

Titan
ok, nice to know that. maybe u wanted to ASK something? ask = question.

Huh?

I would like to upgrade my AMD Sempron 3000+ processor. My Motherboard is a model GA-K8RS482M from Gigabyte Tech.

Sounds like to me that he wants a faster CPU. Without knowing which socket he's on, it is impossible to tell him which CPUs are available as an upgrade. Or as mentioned, seeing as its a proprietary board, no way to know if it will handle faster CPUs. I'm going to guess from the model number he's on S754, but no idea about what he can run.

sence they were posted at the same time, i think the system made an error and double post the same thing

maddoxman

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009

Ahh... oops... my bad.

Also, the only thing I can find under that model number is from various comments here and there. But nothing from Gigabyte.
I still think it's a socket 754 or 939, but without further info from the OP.......

G

'
It seems to be a special build for Fuijitsu. Socket is AMD 939 and there's build in Graphics and sound. 2 memory slots DDR. Max 2 GB RAM. I have only seen 400Mhz DDR mentioned ( is it possible that lower sprrds don't work ????). Special upgrades of memory is available (2x1GB 400Mhx). The early AMD dual core processors are supporte. One PCIe x 16 available (for instance to a SATAII controller card).

Regards
Quve50