Bench testing a Midway 2GV board

Bench testing a Midway 2GV board, 450 watt PSU, 1 stick 256 mb ddr ram, 2.8 P4 CPU, no switches,no pci cards. on board AGP,on board mouse and keyboard.
Board tries to boot when I plug in PSU. There is no PC power on/off button plugged in.
Memory stick is good. PSU new out of box and test in another PC.

Thanks for any help
11 answers Last reply
More about bench testing midway board
  1. well you need to add a power button, or else the board wont turn on. obvious: make sure the power switch on the psu is on and the voltage is set correctly if your psu doesnt doesnt switch voltage automatically
  2. Bench testing a Midway 2GV board, 450 watt PSU, 256 mb ddr ram, no switches, board tries to boot when In I plug in PSU

The Board boots without an on/off SW. It boots as if the on/off switch was shorted, but there is no switch there and it still comes on. No I have never seen this either.
  3. for some boards were turned on the upligged w/ouit being turned off, then itll boot up to its last button setting(on) w/out there being a buttton
  4. No best answer yet
  5. do you have a power button you can attach to the header?
    btw whats the question you need an answer to? is it: why does the mobo turn itself on? or what...?
  6. Bench testing a Midway 2GV board, 450 watt PSU, 256 mb ddr ram, no switches, board tries to boot when In I plug in PSU

The Board boots without an on/off SW. It boots as if the on/off switch was shorted, but there is no switch there and it still comes on. No I have never seen this either.

I really do not know how to word my query so you will understand.

But I thank you for trying
  7. ok, ok,ok
    why dont u just attach a pwr button, and see if that turns it off?
  8. I have It has no effect, used a working 450w psu, used working memory. Take memory out, connect on/off button , plug psu up, get 3 beep code for
    no memory board powers up. Disconnect on/off button, same thing as above
  9. wierd well i ahve no more ideas
  10. I Know, but Thanks for effort and Merry Christmas to you and your family
  11. same to you
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Benchmark