Sign in with
Your question

Gigabyte MA790X-UD4 Dual Boot Question

Last response: in Motherboards
December 12, 2009 8:27:30 AM

Hey everyone,

Running a multiple HDD system on a Gigabyte MA790X-UD4 (BIOS version F6).

Right now when I press F12 ("Boot Menu") I'm only able to select Hard Disk, CDROM, Floppy, etc...

What do I need to do or HOW do I select a particular HDD to boot without going into the BIOS and manually selecting boot priority?

I'm unable to configure a bootloader function in Windows XP/7 so I'd like to select the drive to boot during POST.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

a b V Motherboard
December 12, 2009 3:13:57 PM

There's also one in Windows 7 which you list but it's usually activated during install. It would take someone like billbat to explain how to do it afterwards as I don't remember.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
December 12, 2009 9:32:39 PM

Thanks but I'm looking for a simple way to boot into a Hard Disk of my choice from POST - like F12...

I want to be able to select whatever volume I have installed... It doesn't list the volumes at the moment, only 'Hard Disk'

I don't need the Windows 7 bootloader option or the BootIt software, no reason to complicated things here... Just a simple F12 and then select which HDD to boot first...

I'm surprised Gigabyte doesn't have this feature or maybe I just haven't been able to find it yet...

m
l
December 12, 2009 11:50:37 PM

You should find the option in your BIOS if you want to select a particular order for your partitions. It's definitely there... if it's not, I am laughing at Gigabyte.

m
l
December 13, 2009 12:22:04 AM

Of course the BIOS gives you the ability to change up the order for each DISK (not partitions, that's not the right word ;) )...

What we're trying to do here is push F12 after POST and be able to choose a particular HARD DISK. So in addition to the CDROM, LAN, Floppy, you can choose HARD DRIVE 1, DRIVE 2, etc...

Not sure why this is such a hard question for everyone to understand! :) 

m
l
December 13, 2009 12:30:41 AM

I figured it out - thank you.

m
l
August 25, 2011 9:54:18 AM

dakrisht said:
I figured it out - thank you.

sir would you mind teaching me how to do it? am having same issues
m
l