Regent Square

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 20, 2011
Hi guys,

I am currently looking for a computer parts to buy. I can not choose which one should i get ssd or hdd. I know that it is better to have them both, but my budget allows me to go with only 1 of them. Intel SSD are only 160 gb max when digital caviar is 1tb. My question is that, what are the benefits of having ssd over hdd, except the speed? By the way, for me it does not matter if my applications will boot up in 20 sec or 10 sec. So guys, what you think i should get.

Thank you for your help,

Regent Square

Regent Square

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 20, 2011
Sorry i forgot to mention, if i will have 1 hdd over ssd, is there will be a huge time difference in loading applications? By huge i mean 30-35 seconds. Games i will be playing:metro 2033 crysis 2, bad company 2. Some programs: video editing, fraps.

Thank you

An SSD will provide a notable increase in boot speed, but after that, other than storage benchmarks, it's hard to notice unless you are running specialized apps such as Adobe CS5, rendering and such.

Cutting load time from 66 seconds to 44 is only noticeable though if you sit there and watch it. Once I fire up a game, after I get my clicks done, I'm off to the kitchen to"snack up" for the duration. If that takes me 90 seconds, it really don't matter if the puter took 44 or 66

TRENDING THREADS