Which CPU Cooler to buy? Hyper TX3 or Contac 29?

Solution
I had not heard of the Contac 29 one before so I looked up some reviews and it looks as good as the Hyper 212+ (identical in performance in the only test I found that had both) which is the bigger version of the TX3 and the same size as the Contac 29. In the UK the Contac is the same price as the 212+ but it looks cheaper where you are so go for it.
I had not heard of the Contac 29 one before so I looked up some reviews and it looks as good as the Hyper 212+ (identical in performance in the only test I found that had both) which is the bigger version of the TX3 and the same size as the Contac 29. In the UK the Contac is the same price as the 212+ but it looks cheaper where you are so go for it.

Solution

chinoroy

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2011
hey guys i just got the Thermaltake Contac 29 BP (Back Plate version). at first i thought it was hard to install but it was easy! with a little help of my girl.

tested rendering HD videos. before it was 70*C with the stock fan. but now with the Contac 29 it only reaches 50*C on full load. 20*C difference. awesome! lol

i just noticed one problem though, the specification said that the fan speed is 800-2000 RPM (PWM). but mine only sits at 1985 RPM. it doesn't go lower.

farifari911

Honorable
Apr 7, 2012

It does go Lower... i use same cooler, In Bios settings you may Enable some smart cooling tech. or something in HW monitor section.... it will lower down noise when CPU isnt on load...