Sli problems

my pc specs are:

xfx 750i sli motherboard
q9450 cpu (oc 3.1ghz)
xfx gtx 260 black eddition x2
6 gig ddr2 1066 (a pair of corsair dominator 1066mhz and a pair of ocz 800mhz with the cooler that came with the corsair dominator)
620W Coolermaster Real Power M620 Modular PSU SLi

I just recently added the second gpu and the PSU is pretty low wattage for that setup but it has been working on ever game I have apart from Crysis which shuts down after about 5 minutes of running it. I'm almost certain it isnt a cooling problem as the absaloute maximum I have ever seen my cpu core temperature go to is 60oC and thats the same for both my gpus and that was on a very hot day and the central heating was stuck on :D. I would have been certain that it was my psu that was the problem but when I played crysis at the same settings (all maxed out with extreme quality mod) on windows 7 64bit, as oposed to vista 64 bit that I get the pc shutdown on, it runs with no problems other than a strange lypsyncing but that I get on all windows 7 games. I can also play any other game totaly maxed out on windows 7 or windows vista: Empire total war, Fallout3, Everquest 2, batman arkham asylum, lotro ect :P. Would appreciate any ideas. Also the modular psu I had only came with 2 6 pin conectors so I'm using 2 molex to 6 pin adaptars for the second car and they are both on a fairly long daisy chain of molex connectors and I was wondering if that was a problem also :D
5 answers Last reply
More about problems
  1. It is recommended that your power supply have 35 amps along the 12v rails for gtx260. Yours has three rails at 19 amps each. I would say you are pushing it running sli.
  2. oh right, can that harm the hardware?
  3. It could if you keep operating it that way.
  4. I just did a virus scan and found a trojan and got rid of it and Crysis seems to be running fine :D. That is the oddest virus I have ever come accross, one that causes only Crysis to crash. Someone must have known Crysis is my faivorite game of all time :/
  5. btw I have been running a single xfx gtx 260 black for about 8 months with this power supply and I have had no problems attal with it, is there a chance it might be ok?
Ask a new question

Read More

Corsair Dominator SLI Components