Volcanicstrad37

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
I recently started to get a lot of computer crashes and blue screens, and am trying to figure out what the culprit is. Currently running:
Gigabyte p45 motherboard
Intel E8400 at stock
4Gb OCZ ddr2-800 at stock
EVGA GTX 275
Windows 7

When I ran Memtest 86 I got a ton of errors, so I preceded to change the memory sticks to two different sockets, and I can now run memtest without any errors. I ran a couple simulations of Prime95 to stress the system to see how/when it would fail and it blue screened once and froze once, before stating any errors in the test. I was running core temp at the time and my temps under load were sitting about at 38*C I've used windbg and every time I load a crash dump I get different results. I cannot play any games currently for very long before it blue screens on me. Also, I have been getting crashes even when the system is not being too stress such as watching a video and browsing the web.

Volcanicstrad37

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
The RAM is running at 800Mhz with 5-6-6-18 timings, stock vcore, I can't recall the actual number.

One thought, is that my ram is running out of sync with the processor, which I wouldn't think would be this big of an issue. The CPU is running 333Mhz with 9x multiplier. Could changing the RAM speeds help the issue?

Also, as I was getting ready to reply to the thread I had another BSOD with only google chrome running. I can post the Windbg if that can help anyone.