New pc build,which windows?

ok so i have given up on trying to use my old hard drive and windows xp install on my new build.im not a big fan of vista.is windows 7 a viable option?im going to be running an ati 4890,amd phenom 2,and ddr3 ram
5 answers Last reply
More about build which windows
  1. chrhadden_94 said:
    ok so i have given up on trying to use my old hard drive and windows xp install on my new build.im not a big fan of vista.is windows 7 a viable option?im going to be running an ati 4890,amd phenom 2,and ddr3 ram

You've got plenty of spec for it and in theory drivers shouldn't be much of an issue anymore. Given that the RC is free to try, you can't go too far wrong with it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/download.aspx
  2. Windows 7 is the way to go. It's a faster OS than XP or Vista, and very polished to be 'just a RC.' We've been recommending everyone use it instead of buying a new OS. Only thing is you'll have to do a clean reinstall when the retail comes out, but the RC is good until March '10.
  3. you mean march 10th of next yr?
  4. yeah , march next year

I wouldnt rely on 7 for a business pc , but for general use and gaming then definitely go with it .
    Only download from microsoft and not from torrents
  5. I went w/ the W7 RC on my new build and I have no complaints. Everything (hardware and software wise) has been compatible. I haven't even experienced any pre-release bugs *knocks on wood*. You could have said this was the GA release and fooled me.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems