How long can I wait to send a teen Sim to college?

Subject says it all, basically. I have a Sim that just turned teen, and
I'm wondering how long I can play him as a teen and still be able to
send him to college without having something stupid happen, like growing
up at college and not being able to finish because he's too old.

--
Jeff Zeitlin
jzeitlin@cyburban.com

I usually send them to college a day before they are scheduled to turn into
an adult. It's in their best interest to give them as much skill building
time as possible in order to qualify for the most scholarships.

You can wait until the last minute of his teen life.
I do it with my teens and it works perfect.

On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:24:38 +0200, "Pet Gotohda" <tohda@petgo.de>
wrote:

>You can wait until the last minute of his teen life.
>I do it with my teens and it works perfect.

So you don't get a popup box or anything on the last day telling you
it's the last chance?

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Sat, 28 May 2005 19:24:38 +0200, "Pet Gotohda" <tohda@petgo.de>
> wrote:
>>
> So you don't get a popup box or anything on the last day telling you
> it's the last chance?

If you wait you get pop-ups from time to time during the teen years saying
it is time to start thinking about college and stuff about keeping the
grades up etc because they count. I can't recall if you get a pop-up on the
last day of teendom saying it is your last chance. I almost never wait more
than a few days.

Gareeth

I usually send them off three (or so) days before adulthood. I know that
there is a warning about then about time running out. Isn't there a standard
'X Sim's birthday is tomorrow' message?

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

"kh" <kindheart01@excite.com> wrote:

>I usually send them to college a day before they are scheduled to turn into
>an adult. It's in their best interest to give them as much skill building
>time as possible in order to qualify for the most scholarships.

This was exactly why I wanted the answer to that question; it
effectively extends the Sim's life, giving him more time to work on
skills, relationships, and aspirations.

Is there a list anywhere of what scholarships are available,
qualifications to get them, and how to earn the qualifications?

--
Jeff Zeitlin
jzeitlin@cyburban.com

He won't grow up at college either - time doesn't work the same there.
They're always young adults until they leave and return to their
neighbourhood - it's then that they'll grow up into adults.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Jeff Zeitlin" <jzeitlin@cyburban.com> wrote in message
> Subject says it all, basically. I have a Sim that just turned teen, and
> I'm wondering how long I can play him as a teen and still be able to
> send him to college without having something stupid happen, like growing
> up at college and not being able to finish because he's too old.
>
> --
> Jeff Zeitlin
> jzeitlin@cyburban.com

Guardian Pegasus posted this list in this newsgroup. I saved it for
reference. No copyright infringement intended. Just trying to help :eek:)

Hogan Award for Athletics -- Level 8 or higher Body Skill -- s750
Bain-Gordon Communications Fellowship Level 8 or higher Charisma Skill
-- s750
Kim Metro Prize for Hygienic -- Level 8 or higher Cleaning Skill --
s750
London Culinary Arts Scholarship -- Level 8 or higher Cooking Skill --
s750
Will Wright Genius Grant -- Level 8 or higher Logic Skill -- s750
Bui Engineering Award -- Level 8 or higher Mechanical Skill -- s750
Quigley Visual Arts Grant -- Level 8 or higher Creative Skill -- s750
SimCity Scholar's Grant -- A- or better in high school -- s1,000
Extraterrestrial Reparations Grant -- Abducted by aliens -- s1,500
Young Entrepreneurs Award -- Level 3 in teen career -- s750
Undead Educational Scholarship -- Teen is a Zombie -- s1,500
Phelps-Wilsonoff Billiards Prize -- Level 8 Pool Skill -- s1,000
Tsang Footwork Award -- Level 8 Dancing Skill -- s1,000
Orphaned Sims Assistance Fund -- Sim has no living parents -- s1,500

Jeff Zeitlin wrote:

> "kh" <kindheart01@excite.com> wrote:
>

>>I usually send them to college a day before they are scheduled to turn into
>>an adult. It's in their best interest to give them as much skill building
>>time as possible in order to qualify for the most scholarships.
>

> This was exactly why I wanted the answer to that question; it
> effectively extends the Sim's life, giving him more time to work on
> skills, relationships, and aspirations.
>
> Is there a list anywhere of what scholarships are available,
> qualifications to get them, and how to earn the qualifications?

if you have 7 points in any skill, you will get a scholarship for that-
1000 for the first skill, 750 for each skill therafter. May be 8. But
doesn't need to be maxed.

You will get scholarships for being an orphan and for being a straight A
student as well. Not sure if there is a scholarship for having been in a
Private school or not.

I think you can get scholarships from jobs too, but not sure on that.

-georg