Restoring a Raid 0 Image to Non-Raid System

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Greetings again folks.
I have a system with 2 HDDs in RAID 0 configuration. Can a Win7 Backup Image from that system be restored to a system w/o RAID; i.e. a single HDD? (I'm thinking the system merely sees the RAID 0 disks as one large HDD with simply more platters and heads.)

Solution
Yes, except... Was this an image of your system drive, and do you intend to boot the restored image? You may have a classic problem there, one that we see more often when someone restores a boot image to a system that is not identical.

In that case, a Win7 Repair installation on the target system will probably resolve any problems. Restore the image, boot from the Win7 installation disk, and choose to Repair an existing installation.

Have fun.
Yes, except... Was this an image of your system drive, and do you intend to boot the restored image? You may have a classic problem there, one that we see more often when someone restores a boot image to a system that is not identical.

In that case, a Win7 Repair installation on the target system will probably resolve any problems. Restore the image, boot from the Win7 installation disk, and choose to Repair an existing installation.

Have fun.

Solution