No "Bump?"

One of my Sims got pregnant right before my last save. She had the whole
"question mark pacifier" thing going on while she threw up, etc. Now I
re-enter the home to play, and 5 or 6 days go by and still no "bump" - but I
also get no option for "try for baby" in bed with her husband. She loses
all her points very quickly, as if she's pregnant, but again, no "bump" no
moving on in the pregnancy.

She had one baby prior to this one and it was successful. I'm wondering if
something went wrong when I saved the game before exiting - while she was in
the early pregnancy?

This is bumming me out - I created this Sim so she could have a big family!
I'm also worried it will affect my whole game.

Help please!
29 answers Last reply
More about bump

    I had this happen and moved the pregnant sim to a different lot where she
    proceeded to immediately give birth. After she gives birth move her and the
    baby back to her original house.

    There is also a boolprop option to speed up pregnancy which should kick her
    into the next stage.
    boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
    then shift click on the pregnant Sim while she is also the active Sim, and
    you should get a whole pile of extra options. One of them should then be,
    accelerate pregnancy and she'll bhoomp through the stages at an accelerated
    rate.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    Madame Mim wrote:
    > There is also a boolprop option to speed up pregnancy which should
    > kick her into the next stage.
    > boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
    > then shift click on the pregnant Sim while she is also the active
    > Sim, and you should get a whole pile of extra options. One of them
    > should then be, accelerate pregnancy and she'll bhoomp through the
    > stages at an accelerated rate.

    I thought you had to spawn the Tombstone of L and D in order to get the
    speed up pregnancy option....

    Jeanie

    I'm a newbie at the boolprop stuff - that's a ctrl+shift+C option, right?

    Thanks!
    Julie

    > There is also a boolprop option to speed up pregnancy which should kick
    > her
    > into the next stage.
    > boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
    > then shift click on the pregnant Sim while she is also the active Sim, and
    > you should get a whole pile of extra options. One of them should then be,
    > accelerate pregnancy and she'll bhoomp through the stages at an
    > accelerated
    > rate.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "kh" <kindheart01@excite.com> wrote in message
    >> I had this happen and moved the pregnant sim to a different lot where she
    >> proceeded to immediately give birth. After she gives birth move her and
    > the
    >> baby back to her original house.

    You might be right, I was going from memory there - actually I think you ARE
    right!
    So -
    boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
    shift click on the pregnant sim while she is also the active sim
    spawn
    tombstone of life and death
    click on the tombstone and select accelerate pregnancy.

    Thankyou Jeanie.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > Madame Mim wrote:
    > > There is also a boolprop option to speed up pregnancy which should
    > > kick her into the next stage.
    > > boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
    > > then shift click on the pregnant Sim while she is also the active
    > > Sim, and you should get a whole pile of extra options. One of them
    > > should then be, accelerate pregnancy and she'll bhoomp through the
    > > stages at an accelerated rate.
    > >

    > I thought you had to spawn the Tombstone of L and D in order to get the
    > speed up pregnancy option....
    >
    > Jeanie

    yep - but check out Jeanie's correction of what I said before, because I
    wasn't quite right about the stages you need to go through.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    Madame Mim wrote:
    > You might be right, I was going from memory there - actually I think
    > you ARE right!
    > So -
    > boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
    > shift click on the pregnant sim while she is also the active sim
    > spawn
    > tombstone of life and death
    > click on the tombstone and select accelerate pregnancy.
    >
    > Thankyou Jeanie.

    You are welcome. Now if only someone can pop up and help me solve MY
    problem.....:-(

    Jeanie

    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Madame Mim wrote:
    >>> There is also a boolprop option to speed up pregnancy which should
    >>> kick her into the next stage.
    >>> boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
    >>> then shift click on the pregnant Sim while she is also the active
    >>> Sim, and you should get a whole pile of extra options. One of them
    >>> should then be, accelerate pregnancy and she'll bhoomp through the
    >>> stages at an accelerated rate.
    >>>

    >> I thought you had to spawn the Tombstone of L and D in order to get
    >> the speed up pregnancy option....
    >>
    >> Jeanie

    TwoJeffs at Variousimmers said to have a look around MTS2 it may be that
    your custom skins don't have a properly defined baby skin - I hope that's
    helpful

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    kh wrote:
    > I had this happen and moved the pregnant sim to a different lot where she
    > proceeded to immediately give birth. After she gives birth move her and the
    > baby back to her original house.

    Is the Sim walking with the tell-tale waddle, even though she doesn't
    have the belly? If so, do what this poster above said. It works, and
    it's fun to watch her get out of the taxi and immediately give birth--I
    half-expected the taxi driver to help her deliver it, giving rise to the
    proverbial "Gave birth in the taxi" tale. ;-)

    --
    --Cuth

    Thank you! I haven't tried the "tombstone" before, I assume that's in the
    game? Or is it a download?

    Last silly question, I promise!!

    Thanks again,
    Julie

    > yep - but check out Jeanie's correction of what I said before, because I
    > wasn't quite right about the stages you need to go through.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
    >> I'm a newbie at the boolprop stuff - that's a ctrl+shift+C option, right?
    >>
    >> Thanks!
    >> Julie
    >>
    >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    >> > There is also a boolprop option to speed up pregnancy which should kick
    >> > her
    >> > into the next stage.
    >> > boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
    >> > then shift click on the pregnant Sim while she is also the active Sim,
    > and
    >> > you should get a whole pile of extra options. One of them should then
    > be,
    >> > accelerate pregnancy and she'll bhoomp through the stages at an
    >> > accelerated
    >> > rate.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >> >
    >> > MM
    >> >

    >> > "kh" <kindheart01@excite.com> wrote in message
    > she
    > and
    >> > the

    OK, lets take it back to the first step, it's not that hard once you know.

    <crtl><shift><C> to bring up the cheat window
    type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotation marks and
    hit enter
    select your pregnant sim and then click on her while holding down shift at
    the same time
    click on the 'spawn' option and then select the sub-option 'tombstone of
    life and death'
    then click on the tombstone and select 'speed up pregnancy' (you may have to
    click on 'more' in order to find it)

    --

    > Thank you! I haven't tried the "tombstone" before, I assume that's in the
    > game? Or is it a download?
    >
    > Last silly question, I promise!!
    >
    > Thanks again,
    > Julie
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > yep - but check out Jeanie's correction of what I said before, because I
    > > wasn't quite right about the stages you need to go through.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    > >
    > > MM
    > >

    > > "marcesent" <jkbarton@austin.rr.com> wrote in message
    > >> I'm a newbie at the boolprop stuff - that's a ctrl+shift+C option,
    right?

    > >> Thanks!
    > >> Julie
    > >>
    > >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    Sim,
    > > and
    > > be,

    > > she
    > > and

    Cool! *runs off to try it*

    Thank you!
    Julie

    Madame Mim wrote:
    > TwoJeffs at Variousimmers said to have a look around MTS2 it may be
    > that your custom skins don't have a properly defined baby skin - I
    > hope that's helpful

    I thought of that, too, but this couple already successfully had a set of
    twins in this skin tone. This is the second pregnancy for them.

    Jeanie

    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Madame Mim wrote:
    >>> You might be right, I was going from memory there - actually I think
    >>> you ARE right!
    >>> So -
    >>> boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
    >>> shift click on the pregnant sim while she is also the active sim
    >>> spawn
    >>> tombstone of life and death
    >>> click on the tombstone and select accelerate pregnancy.
    >>>
    >>> Thankyou Jeanie.
    >>
    >> You are welcome. Now if only someone can pop up and help me solve MY
    >> problem.....:-(
    >>
    >> Jeanie
    >>

    >>> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message

    mmm - shouldn't you also hand out a 'use with care' warning with those
    instructions for generating the Tombstone of L&D?

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > OK, lets take it back to the first step, it's not that hard once you know.
    >
    > <crtl><shift><C> to bring up the cheat window
    > type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotation marks
    and
    > hit enter
    > select your pregnant sim and then click on her while holding down shift at
    > the same time
    > click on the 'spawn' option and then select the sub-option 'tombstone of
    > life and death'
    > then click on the tombstone and select 'speed up pregnancy' (you may have
    > click on 'more' in order to find it)

    Julie Barton 寫道:
    > One of my Sims got pregnant right before my last save. She had the whole
    > "question mark pacifier" thing going on while she threw up, etc. Now I
    > re-enter the home to play, and 5 or 6 days go by and still no "bump" - but I
    > also get no option for "try for baby" in bed with her husband. She loses
    > all her points very quickly, as if she's pregnant, but again, no "bump" no
    > moving on in the pregnancy.

    <snip>

    There's a medicine cabinet at the www.modthesims2.com that not only
    let's you cure your sims from any disease, but also can do "pregnancy
    test". It will show whether she's pregnant or not, who she had the baby
    with, and how long she has been pregnant for. An extremly neat program
    :)

    another option is to fire up SimPE to check that particular sim, SimPE
    will show what pregnancy stage she's in, pre(invis), pre(half), and
    pre(full).

    hope this helps.

    Argh...the cabinet is not a program, it's an in-game object. Sorry bout
    the mistake.

    I am a facilitator not the police, actually I thought I would add "and don't
    forget to turn off the boolprop with "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false"
    when you have finished or you will have to look at the errors that are
    normally generated and you just don't see - but I forgot.

    Anyone who pushes 'kill' or some of the other interesting options without
    expecting fubar deserves what they get!

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > mmm - shouldn't you also hand out a 'use with care' warning with those
    > instructions for generating the Tombstone of L&D?
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > OK, lets take it back to the first step, it's not that hard once you
    know.

    > > <crtl><shift><C> to bring up the cheat window
    > > type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotation marks
    > and
    > > hit enter
    > > select your pregnant sim and then click on her while holding down shift
    at
    > > the same time
    > > click on the 'spawn' option and then select the sub-option 'tombstone of
    > > life and death'
    > > then click on the tombstone and select 'speed up pregnancy' (you may
    have
    > > click on 'more' in order to find it)

    mmm - I wasn't meaning to be critical and I don't see that a nice friendly
    warning to new users of the cheat is policing either but I guess that's a
    different perspective.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > I am a facilitator not the police, actually I thought I would add "and
    don't
    > forget to turn off the boolprop with "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false"
    > when you have finished or you will have to look at the errors that are
    > normally generated and you just don't see - but I forgot.
    >
    > Anyone who pushes 'kill' or some of the other interesting options without
    > expecting fubar deserves what they get!
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM

    > > mmm - shouldn't you also hand out a 'use with care' warning with those
    > > instructions for generating the Tombstone of L&D?
    > >
    > > Best wishes
    > > Maxon
    > >
    > > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > > OK, lets take it back to the first step, it's not that hard once you
    > know.
    > > >
    > > > <crtl><shift><C> to bring up the cheat window
    > > > type in "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" without the quotation
    marks
    > > and
    > > > hit enter
    > > > select your pregnant sim and then click on her while holding down
    shift
    > at
    > > > the same time
    > > > click on the 'spawn' option and then select the sub-option 'tombstone
    of
    > > > life and death'
    > > > then click on the tombstone and select 'speed up pregnancy' (you may
    > have
    > > > click on 'more' in order to find it)

    I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I thought you were being critical. It
    was a rather weak attempt at humour.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > mmm - I wasn't meaning to be critical and I don't see that a nice friendly
    > warning to new users of the cheat is policing either but I guess that's a
    > different perspective.
    >
    > Best wishes
    > Maxon
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > I am a facilitator not the police, actually I thought I would add "and
    > don't
    > > forget to turn off the boolprop with "boolprop testingcheatsenabled
    false"
    > > when you have finished or you will have to look at the errors that are
    > > normally generated and you just don't see - but I forgot.
    > >
    > > Anyone who pushes 'kill' or some of the other interesting options
    without
    > > expecting fubar deserves what they get!
    > >
    > > --
    > > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    > >
    > > MM
    > >

    > > "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > > > mmm - shouldn't you also hand out a 'use with care' warning with those
    > > > instructions for generating the Tombstone of L&D?
    > > >
    > > > Best wishes
    > > > Maxon
    > > >
    > > > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > know.

    > marks
    > > > and
    > shift
    > > at
    > of
    > > have

    Well - sorry too. Though I agree if you use the Kill option you can hardly
    expect there not to be tears.

    Best
    Jen

    > I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I thought you were being critical.
    It
    > was a rather weak attempt at humour.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM

    > > mmm - I wasn't meaning to be critical and I don't see that a nice
    friendly
    > > warning to new users of the cheat is policing either but I guess that's
    > > different perspective.
    > >
    > > Best wishes
    > > Maxon
    > >
    > > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > > I am a facilitator not the police, actually I thought I would add "and
    > > don't
    > > > forget to turn off the boolprop with "boolprop testingcheatsenabled
    > false"
    > > > when you have finished or you will have to look at the errors that are
    > > > normally generated and you just don't see - but I forgot.
    > > >
    > > > Anyone who pushes 'kill' or some of the other interesting options
    > without
    > > > expecting fubar deserves what they get!
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    > > >
    > > > MM
    > > >

    > > > "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message

    > > > know.

    > > marks
    > > shift
    > > > at
    > 'tombstone
    > > of
    > > > have

    > I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I thought you were being critical.
    > It
    > was a rather weak attempt at humour.
    >
    > --
    It made me laugh.
    But what is fubar? I can guess the first two words, but not the last three.
    8(

    GG.

    Why don't y'all use the latest InSiminator? It does everything and to me
    is faster getting to
    than typing in that cheat. I love it. It does it all. :)

    Betty

    > There is also a boolprop option to speed up pregnancy which should
    > kick her
    > into the next stage.
    > boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
    > then shift click on the pregnant Sim while she is also the active Sim,
    > and
    > you should get a whole pile of extra options. One of them should then
    > be,
    > accelerate pregnancy and she'll bhoomp through the stages at an
    > accelerated
    > rate.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "kh" <kindheart01@excite.com> wrote in message
    >> I had this happen and moved the pregnant sim to a different lot where
    >> she
    >> proceeded to immediately give birth. After she gives birth move her
    >> and
    > the
    >> baby back to her original house.

    Beyond All Recognition

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    "Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > I'm sorry, I didn't mean to sound like I thought you were being
    critical.
    > > It
    > > was a rather weak attempt at humour.
    > >
    > > --
    > It made me laugh.
    > But what is fubar? I can guess the first two words, but not the last
    three.
    > 8(
    >
    > GG.

    It conflicts with some of the other pregnancy mods that I am running,
    personally.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    "hey lucy!" <awricky@iwannabeinyourshow.com> wrote in message
    > "Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in
    > message
    >>>
    >> Or I could let them stay home a bit longer and build a Nissen hut in the
    >> back garden for the two teenagers - or a cage - a pit... whatever.
    >>
    >> Granny.
    >>

    > LMAO! Brandi's not the only one that's demented, Granny ;-)

    Damn right. I built them a tree-house for the teenagers, but killed it
    without saving. Looked pretty though. I will just build a balcony upstairs
    and build extra bedrooms on that. As long as the outside reamains looking
    grim and the top is camouflaged I don;t care and General Grunt certainly
    won;t.

    GG.

    On Mon, 30 May 2005 21:12:24 -0500, "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com>
    wrote:

    >Why don't y'all use the latest InSiminator? It does everything and to me
    >is faster getting to
    >than typing in that cheat. I love it. It does it all. :)

    It conflicts with the DMA NPC's, that's why I don't use it.

    Hmmm what other pregnancy mods do you have? I might want them and not
    use the InSiminator. :)

    Betty

    > It conflicts with some of the other pregnancy mods that I am running,
    > personally.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com> wrote in message
    >> Why don't y'all use the latest InSiminator? It does everything and to
    >> me
    >> is faster getting to
    >> than typing in that cheat. I love it. It does it all. :)
    >>
    >> Betty
    >>
    >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    >> > There is also a boolprop option to speed up pregnancy which should
    >> > kick her
    >> > into the next stage.
    >> > boolprop testingcheatsenabled true
    >> > then shift click on the pregnant Sim while she is also the active
    >> > Sim,
    >> > and
    >> > you should get a whole pile of extra options. One of them should
    >> > then
    >> > be,
    >> > accelerate pregnancy and she'll bhoomp through the stages at an
    >> > accelerated
    >> > rate.
    >> >
    >> > --
    >> > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >> >
    >> > MM
    >> >

    >> > "kh" <kindheart01@excite.com> wrote in message
    >> > the

    I have an older version of JT's teen pregnancy for University (I really must
    get his latest one, it has a baby bump, but I keep putting off getting out
    that credit card). I don't know if the new version is InSiminator
    compatible, but my old version definitely isn't. I have risky woohoo, casual
    woohoo and abductionpregnancymale&female, and those are just my pregnancy
    mods. I haven't looked at InSiminator for a while, I first took it out while
    I was using InTeenimator, but I really don't feel much of a loss with the
    mods I have and the boolprop cheats.

    --

    > Hmmm what other pregnancy mods do you have? I might want them and not
    > use the InSiminator. :)
    >
    > Betty
    >
    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > It conflicts with some of the other pregnancy mods that I am running,
    > > personally.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    > >
    > > MM
    > >

    > > "Betty" <bdj2005@nospamvalor.com> wrote in message
    > >> Why don't y'all use the latest InSiminator? It does everything and to
    > >> me
    > >> is faster getting to
    > >> than typing in that cheat. I love it. It does it all. :)
    > >>
    > >> Betty
    > >>
    > >> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

    I've been using InTeeminator to successfully produce my first child of an
    underage mum. The latest version of this has risky woohoo and casual woohoo
    as part of it. I'd really like a bump for the mum-to-be though - with
    InTeeminator she just gets fat. I imagine the creator (was it Two Jeffs?)
    will try and add that with a later version.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

Sims Games Video Games