Change System Font Properties in Applications?

Just setting up XP Pro for the first time. Trying to get OutLook Express
set up. OE displays subscribed newsgroups and and message
subjects using bold font properties that I would like to change.

The subject of posted news items appears bold. The body of the text
for a message appears fine though. In fact, OE provides a method to
change fonts via the Tools menu -- but only for the text in the body of
a message being read or typed for sending.

This makes reading difficult and there should be a way to configure
I am using the Silver Display Appearance color scheme and font size
is set to normal.

Any comments?

there are some ways to change fonts by clicking Start>Settings>Control Panel>Accessibility Options>click Display button to view High Contrast options....or Start>Settings>Control Panel>Display>then click Appearance button to view your options