Sep 22, 2009
Hello everyone!
I have a problem with my CPU. :cry:
My system:q9550
mainboard:EP45-UD3P
RAM 4Gb
VGA MSI48701gb
HDD 1TB
My CPU with core temp idle=46-46-45-43.But when i play Starcraft,core temp=62-63-67-60 and my CPU stock fan is turnarroound so fast,too noisy!(Only Stacraft)
What the matter with my CPU?
I'm from VietNam.My English is bad.sorry :kaola:
Thanks!

fefelungchinua

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009

Thank you!
My fan's VGA is good.My trouble is in CPU.I play Crysis or PES2009 with good temp core.But with Starcraft,my CPU is in high temp,and work so hard. :heink:
My power supply is CM extreme plus 650W

Well to reduce noise the way to reduce that is to get an aftermarket cooler. (which should reduce the temps as well)

Now for those temps, you close to there recommenced max temp of 71.4°C but just not quiet. Although as stated you can get a aftermarket cooler to cool thoughs temps.

Btw before you do all that. Have you take a can of compressed air and blown out the inside of your computer. That will help remove the dust and aloud the fans to cool stuff more effectively.

What is your CPU utilization when playing Starcraft? Is Starcraft multi-threaded (meaning, does it use more than one core)?

Possible solutions that I can currently think of:
- Update your bios
- Blow out your heatsink and fan with a bottle of compressed air

Yeah, either that or reapply the thermal compound and make sure your case has good airflow. However, if you really want to cut down on noise, I agree, buy a aftermarket air cooler that has a big heatsink and a big fan that will run at lower RPMs.