**** 2 monitors 1 tv on 1 video card??? ****

henryong

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009
Hello Everyone,

I get mixed answers all the time about what i would like to do. I have 2 monitors and 1 tv that i would like to hook up to my computer. I have 1 vga out from my motherboard, 1 vga 1 hdmi and 1 dvi out from my video card. Is there any way i can hook them all up with what i have? I wanted to do HDMI to my TV and either both VGA or both DVI to my monitors.

This is the graphic/video card that i just got today and already installed:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127434

Please let me know.

henryong

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2009

Hello and thank you for your quick reply. They are all currently connected to my video card, but only 2 of them will work at one time. Is there a way i can get all three to work at the same time?? I mainly just want the one connected to my tv for videos/movies.

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
This is only possible if the on board uses the same drivers as the integrated (im sure it doesn't).

The video card can only output to two sources, even though it has 3 ports. The HDMI and VGA are probably the same, and thus only one could be used at a time.

You could buy an external switcher box, but then you would have to clone the display to the two you connect to that and both would have to be the same resolution and same picture.

This can only be done properly with a second video card. Windows seven and XP allow you to have two different drivers for the video, vista does not.