briceR

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
I hooked up my Presario V2000 running Windows XP to a TV via S Video, now, all I see on the TV screen is the desktop wallpaper and nothing else. I feel as if I have read all the tutorials thoroughly and "updated the drivers" as mentioned. I am pretty sure its not the TV, the picture on the TV is very clear with 0 distortion. What am I missing? This is a great machine and never hesitates what-so-ever to do whatever I ask of it, until now! A reply to this will be greatly appreciated! Thank You.

Respectfully, BriceVA

Here are the various connections for s-video, and provided you have the correct cable type it should not be a problem.

http://www.svideo.com/compaq1700.html

briceR

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2011
Thank You for taking the time to reply, so far I have figured out the "display settings" to get it working, kinda. I had a little trouble because my tv is in the other room, and it never occurred to me that dragging the dang window off my laptop screen it would end up on my tv. I know the keyboard buttons to make the media player full screen from the laptop, just cant find a way to make the small streaming video screens to be full without running back and forth lining up the mouse! Good enough i guess!