Issue with windows 7

dbow73

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
Hey guys,
I'm having a problem with a computer I recently built. The problem is my dvd burner doesn't show under my computer. Whenever the dvdburner is attached to the motherboard it brings up an error with drivers not being able to be installed. However, I can't find any drivers for the drive. My dvd drive is an LG GH22NP20 22X. Any suggestions?

PS-I used a friend's external dvd drive to install windows 7

dbow73

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
Yes to IDE being secure. jumpered? I'm not sure, is that the master vs slave? I'm starting to think windows 7 just doesn't support IDE dvd.

dbow73

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
Nope. Only one device on the IDE cable. The dvd drive doesn't work whether its slave or master. I'm figuring it must be a software issue as the drive appears under device manager, but it won't read any discs or appear under my computer.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

And delete "Upperfilters" and "Lowerfilters" and then restart. (Do not delete if it ends in ".bak")

cesco

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
I have an LG GH22NP20 22X (parallel interface) mounted in an external USB case. It works perfectly with native drives running XP, Vista and Windows 7. As a Microsoft Reseller I need all of the OS's. I have sold many of these configurations and all work. If you have a good drive and it is not working, your installation is most likely wrong.

masop

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006

I'm curious. Check the following...

A) Is the ide port enabled in the bios (no offense, but this is easy to overlook)

B) Is the "cable select" jumper installed on the drive, or is it sideways on the jumper block?

C) Is the drive listed in "Disk Management"? If so, is there a drive letter assigned to it?

I installed the jumper on the cable select pins on my LiteOn 16x IDE burner under Windows 7 and it works fine. I had to change the drive letter assignment in disk management though immediately after installation due to the multitude of partitions and drives (sata and usb alike) in and connected to my system.

The drive letter change was just a customization for my system. It is possible in theory for the drive to simply not be assigned a drive letter by the o/s after installation. If this is the case, you can manually assign a drive letter to the drive, if listed in Disk Management. I've seen this happen before with flash drives. Just my 2 cents. Good luck.

-- MaSoP