Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Request: Tasteful bathroom & kitchen recolors

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 2:49:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Hey all... I'm having big trouble find *tasteful* bathroom and kitchen
recolors. The ones I've downloaded either don't work in University, or
are really cheesy, or of bad quality...

So if someone could link me to some nice recolors of dishwashers,
trash compactors, fridges, toilets, tubs, showers etc. I'd be much
obliged :-)
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 2:49:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> Hey all... I'm having big trouble find *tasteful* bathroom and kitchen
> recolors. The ones I've downloaded either don't work in University, or
> are really cheesy, or of bad quality...
>
> So if someone could link me to some nice recolors of dishwashers,
> trash compactors, fridges, toilets, tubs, showers etc. I'd be much
> obliged :-)

What do you *think* is nice?

-georg
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 5:43:35 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Sat, 28 May 2005 21:49:54 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>> So if someone could link me to some nice recolors of dishwashers,
>> trash compactors, fridges, toilets, tubs, showers etc. I'd be much
>> obliged :-)
>
>What do you *think* is nice?

Recolors that don't look out of place. I tend to favor nice and clean
ones.
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 5:43:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Sat, 28 May 2005 21:49:54 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>> So if someone could link me to some nice recolors of dishwashers,
>>> trash compactors, fridges, toilets, tubs, showers etc. I'd be much
>>> obliged :-)
>>
>> What do you *think* is nice?
>
> Recolors that don't look out of place. I tend to favor nice and clean
> ones.

I like to make my sims houses look as real as possible, so I usually only
use the white, almond, black and stainless steel options for the appliances.
There are some nice dishwashers and trash compactors in those "normal"
colors at MTS2.

Jeanie
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 7:13:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
news:b98me.18057$g66.11111@attbi_s71...
> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>> On Sat, 28 May 2005 21:49:54 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>>
>>>> So if someone could link me to some nice recolors of dishwashers,
>>>> trash compactors, fridges, toilets, tubs, showers etc. I'd be much
>>>> obliged :-)
>>>
>>> What do you *think* is nice?
>>
>> Recolors that don't look out of place. I tend to favor nice and clean
>> ones.
>
> I like to make my sims houses look as real as possible, so I usually only
> use the white, almond, black and stainless steel options for the
> appliances.
> There are some nice dishwashers and trash compactors in those "normal"
> colors at MTS2.
>
> Jeanie

Jeanie, don't you find it comical that we have to keep referring people to
mts2? I mean it looks like people would just start checking there first :) 

>
>
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 7:18:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

When you are downloading, check the sites to see whether or not the object
is university compatible. Also, check your video settings in the game.
Well, for example, before I upgraded my video card, most recolors looked
really rough in the game. After the upgrade they look a lot
better...........mostly due to the smoothing ability I have now, I think :) 

But I have noticed that on every site I have downloaded from, they DO
indicate whether or not an object is university compatible.

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:t7mh91t79vvkn854gfopo6gkpi6qs0lktp@4ax.com...
> Hey all... I'm having big trouble find *tasteful* bathroom and kitchen
> recolors. The ones I've downloaded either don't work in University, or
> are really cheesy, or of bad quality...
>
> So if someone could link me to some nice recolors of dishwashers,
> trash compactors, fridges, toilets, tubs, showers etc. I'd be much
> obliged :-)
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 7:03:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
> news:b98me.18057$g66.11111@attbi_s71...
>> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>>> On Sat, 28 May 2005 21:49:54 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>>> So if someone could link me to some nice recolors of dishwashers,
>>>>> trash compactors, fridges, toilets, tubs, showers etc. I'd be much
>>>>> obliged :-)
>>>>
>>>> What do you *think* is nice?
>>>
>>> Recolors that don't look out of place. I tend to favor nice and
>>> clean ones.
>>
>> I like to make my sims houses look as real as possible, so I usually
>> only use the white, almond, black and stainless steel options for the
>> appliances.
>> There are some nice dishwashers and trash compactors in those
>> "normal" colors at MTS2.
>>
>> Jeanie
>
> Jeanie, don't you find it comical that we have to keep referring
> people to mts2? I mean it looks like people would just start
> checking there first :) 

It does make me sound like a broken record, doesn't it? But it's always the
first place I check for ANYTHING.

Jeanie
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 7:06:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> When you are downloading, check the sites to see whether or not the
> object is university compatible. Also, check your video settings in
> the game. Well, for example, before I upgraded my video card, most
> recolors looked really rough in the game. After the upgrade they
> look a lot better...........mostly due to the smoothing ability I
> have now, I think :) 
>
> But I have noticed that on every site I have downloaded from, they DO
> indicate whether or not an object is university compatible.

Well, sometimes that doesn't help a whole lot. After I installed
University, I got rid of everything in my download folder and went happily
off on new downloading quests, carefully only choosing the things that
declared they were univ compatible. But still half of them turn out to be
blue and have to be deleted from within the game. It's frustrating.

Jeanie

>
> "Guardian Pegasus"
> <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va>
> wrote in message news:t7mh91t79vvkn854gfopo6gkpi6qs0lktp@4ax.com...
>> Hey all... I'm having big trouble find *tasteful* bathroom and
>> kitchen recolors. The ones I've downloaded either don't work in
>> University, or are really cheesy, or of bad quality...
>>
>> So if someone could link me to some nice recolors of dishwashers,
>> trash compactors, fridges, toilets, tubs, showers etc. I'd be much
>> obliged :-)
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 7:21:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

for really nice stuff try Sunair Sims. Most of my stuff comes from there.
Its really modern, very tasteful and very expensive looking!
http://sunairsims.gamesir.com/

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:t7mh91t79vvkn854gfopo6gkpi6qs0lktp@4ax.com...
> Hey all... I'm having big trouble find *tasteful* bathroom and kitchen
> recolors. The ones I've downloaded either don't work in University, or
> are really cheesy, or of bad quality...
>
> So if someone could link me to some nice recolors of dishwashers,
> trash compactors, fridges, toilets, tubs, showers etc. I'd be much
> obliged :-)
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 7:25:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Sun, 29 May 2005 03:13:48 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

>Jeanie, don't you find it comical that we have to keep referring people to
>mts2? I mean it looks like people would just start checking there first :) 

I've been there many times and they DID have some nice recolors, but
they weren't uni compatible... :-(
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 8:17:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Anya1971 wrote:
> for really nice stuff try Sunair Sims. Most of my stuff comes from
> there. Its really modern, very tasteful and very expensive looking!
> http://sunairsims.gamesir.com/
>
I have never been able to get that site to open for me.

Jeanie
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 9:07:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Sun, 29 May 2005 15:21:15 +0100, "Anya1971" <dont@spam.me> wrote:

>for really nice stuff try Sunair Sims. Most of my stuff comes from there.
>Its really modern, very tasteful and very expensive looking!
>http://sunairsims.gamesir.com/

Hey, it's like an interactive Ikea catalogue! LOL
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 11:40:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Well, there is an awful lot of information there - a lot of people there
have been working on the game, finding out what it does and how it does it
since before the game was released. That is where we (originally) got
SimPE, the CEP, Clean Installer, the hack scanner, where we first learnt to
do new meshes and a gazillion hacks, after all. They provided the first
(and only effective) solution to the packaging problem AND were the first to
spot it and raise it with Maxis. Not to mention they now host MikeInside's
lovely building tutorials (I've been having fun with those just recently).

I always go there first to see if anything has been said about any little
quirk or problem I spot too, or, in fact, if I just want to find out how to
do something, closely followed, these days, by Various Simmers - but then a
lot of the people on Various Simmers are ex-mts2 people. I joined Mod the
Sims 2 when they first set up - AGES ago. I thought I might enjoy poking
around in the programme and making a contribution (I only got into playing
around with Sims 1 towards the end) - but I'm too busy - it's a great place
for information.

Best wishes
Maxon


"Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
news:iRkme.17925$Is4.10390@attbi_s21...
>> > Jeanie, don't you find it comical that we have to keep referring
> > people to mts2? I mean it looks like people would just start
> > checking there first :) 
>
> It does make me sound like a broken record, doesn't it? But it's always
the
> first place I check for ANYTHING.
>
> Jeanie
>
>
Anonymous
May 29, 2005 11:40:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Oh really, I can get Sunair Sims without any problem (needs Java) but
there's another gamesir site I want to visit that I get a 404 for every
time.

Best wishes
Maxon


"Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
news:LWlme.18072$Is4.7805@attbi_s21...
> Anya1971 wrote:
> > for really nice stuff try Sunair Sims. Most of my stuff comes from
> > there. Its really modern, very tasteful and very expensive looking!
> > http://sunairsims.gamesir.com/
> >
> I have never been able to get that site to open for me.
>
> Jeanie
>
>
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 3:03:55 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Jeanie wrote:

>>http://sunairsims.gamesir.com/
>>
>
> I have never been able to get that site to open for me.

Do you use Firefox?
I can't get it to work with Firefox (and I do have Java), in Explorer it
will load without problems.

Bianca
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 3:03:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Rumpel wrote:

> Jeanie wrote:
>
>>> http://sunairsims.gamesir.com/
>>>
>>
>> I have never been able to get that site to open for me.
>
>
> Do you use Firefox?
> I can't get it to work with Firefox (and I do have Java), in Explorer it
> will load without problems.
>
> Bianca

I can get it load. The navigation just annoys me.

-georg
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 3:03:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Rumpel wrote:
> Jeanie wrote:
>
>>> http://sunairsims.gamesir.com/
>>>
>>
>> I have never been able to get that site to open for me.
>
> Do you use Firefox?
> I can't get it to work with Firefox (and I do have Java), in Explorer
> it will load without problems.
>
> Bianca

Yes, I do use Firefox. I'll try it in IE. Thanks for the tip.

Jeanie
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 4:54:38 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:jlgj91tsqrkv95s0c0e3pn1fv84rajq7p4@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 29 May 2005 03:13:48 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
>
>>Jeanie, don't you find it comical that we have to keep referring people to
>>mts2? I mean it looks like people would just start checking there first
>>:) 
>
> I've been there many times and they DID have some nice recolors, but
> they weren't uni compatible... :-(

Recheck, a lot of them have been updated now.
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 10:20:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Ryokoryoko wrote:
> Does it have to be recolors?
>
> http://simfantasy.free.fr/Sims2/sims2.htm has a good looking one...and
> the donation ones looked drop dead gorgeous

OMG, they've got new outdoor plants!

Jeanie
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 11:07:43 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On 29 May 2005 21:44:50 -0700, "Ryokoryoko" <ryoko@e-garfield.com>
wrote:

>Does it have to be recolors?
>
>http://simfantasy.free.fr/Sims2/sims2.htm has a good looking one...and
>the donation ones looked drop dead gorgeous

Thanks! Nice stuff there! No it doesn't have to be recolors, I've just
had some bad experiences with new meshes.
!