Request: Tasteful bathroom & kitchen recolors

Hey all... I'm having big trouble find *tasteful* bathroom and kitchen
recolors. The ones I've downloaded either don't work in University, or
are really cheesy, or of bad quality...

So if someone could link me to some nice recolors of dishwashers,
trash compactors, fridges, toilets, tubs, showers etc. I'd be much
obliged :-)
20 answers Last reply
More about request tasteful bathroom kitchen recolors

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > Hey all... I'm having big trouble find *tasteful* bathroom and kitchen
    > recolors. The ones I've downloaded either don't work in University, or
    > are really cheesy, or of bad quality...
    >
    > So if someone could link me to some nice recolors of dishwashers,
    > trash compactors, fridges, toilets, tubs, showers etc. I'd be much
    > obliged :-)

    What do you *think* is nice?

    -georg

    On Sat, 28 May 2005 21:49:54 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

    >> So if someone could link me to some nice recolors of dishwashers,
    >> trash compactors, fridges, toilets, tubs, showers etc. I'd be much
    >> obliged :-)
    >
    >What do you *think* is nice?

    Recolors that don't look out of place. I tend to favor nice and clean
    ones.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    > On Sat, 28 May 2005 21:49:54 GMT, georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
    >
    >>> So if someone could link me to some nice recolors of dishwashers,
    >>> trash compactors, fridges, toilets, tubs, showers etc. I'd be much
    >>> obliged :-)
    >>
    >> What do you *think* is nice?
    >
    > Recolors that don't look out of place. I tend to favor nice and clean
    > ones.

    I like to make my sims houses look as real as possible, so I usually only
    use the white, almond, black and stainless steel options for the appliances.
    There are some nice dishwashers and trash compactors in those "normal"
    colors at MTS2.

    Jeanie

    > Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    >>> What do you *think* is nice?
    >>
    >> Recolors that don't look out of place. I tend to favor nice and clean
    >> ones.
    >
    > I like to make my sims houses look as real as possible, so I usually only
    > use the white, almond, black and stainless steel options for the
    > appliances.
    > There are some nice dishwashers and trash compactors in those "normal"
    > colors at MTS2.
    >
    > Jeanie

    Jeanie, don't you find it comical that we have to keep referring people to
    mts2? I mean it looks like people would just start checking there first :)

    When you are downloading, check the sites to see whether or not the object
    is university compatible. Also, check your video settings in the game.
    Well, for example, before I upgraded my video card, most recolors looked
    really rough in the game. After the upgrade they look a lot
    better...........mostly due to the smoothing ability I have now, I think :)

    But I have noticed that on every site I have downloaded from, they DO
    indicate whether or not an object is university compatible.

    "Guardian Pegasus"
    <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
    in message news:t7mh91t79vvkn854gfopo6gkpi6qs0lktp@4ax.com...

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    >>> Recolors that don't look out of place. I tend to favor nice and
    >>> clean ones.
    >>
    >> I like to make my sims houses look as real as possible, so I usually
    >> only use the white, almond, black and stainless steel options for the
    >> appliances.
    >> There are some nice dishwashers and trash compactors in those
    >> "normal" colors at MTS2.
    >>
    >> Jeanie
    >
    > Jeanie, don't you find it comical that we have to keep referring
    > people to mts2? I mean it looks like people would just start
    > checking there first :)

    It does make me sound like a broken record, doesn't it? But it's always the
    first place I check for ANYTHING.

    Jeanie

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > When you are downloading, check the sites to see whether or not the
    > object is university compatible. Also, check your video settings in
    > the game. Well, for example, before I upgraded my video card, most
    > recolors looked really rough in the game. After the upgrade they
    > look a lot better...........mostly due to the smoothing ability I
    > have now, I think :)
    >
    > But I have noticed that on every site I have downloaded from, they DO
    > indicate whether or not an object is university compatible.

    Well, sometimes that doesn't help a whole lot. After I installed
    University, I got rid of everything in my download folder and went happily
    off on new downloading quests, carefully only choosing the things that
    declared they were univ compatible. But still half of them turn out to be
    blue and have to be deleted from within the game. It's frustrating.

    Jeanie

    > "Guardian Pegasus"
    > <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va>
    > wrote in message news:t7mh91t79vvkn854gfopo6gkpi6qs0lktp@4ax.com...
    >> Hey all... I'm having big trouble find *tasteful* bathroom and
    >> kitchen recolors. The ones I've downloaded either don't work in
    >> University, or are really cheesy, or of bad quality...
    >>
    >> So if someone could link me to some nice recolors of dishwashers,
    >> trash compactors, fridges, toilets, tubs, showers etc. I'd be much
    >> obliged :-)

    for really nice stuff try Sunair Sims. Most of my stuff comes from there.
    Its really modern, very tasteful and very expensive looking!
    http://sunairsims.gamesir.com/

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 03:13:48 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

    >Jeanie, don't you find it comical that we have to keep referring people to
    >mts2? I mean it looks like people would just start checking there first :)

    I've been there many times and they DID have some nice recolors, but
    they weren't uni compatible... :-(

    Anya1971 wrote:
    > for really nice stuff try Sunair Sims. Most of my stuff comes from
    > there. Its really modern, very tasteful and very expensive looking!
    > http://sunairsims.gamesir.com/

    I have never been able to get that site to open for me.

    Jeanie

    On Sun, 29 May 2005 15:21:15 +0100, "Anya1971" <dont@spam.me> wrote:

    >for really nice stuff try Sunair Sims. Most of my stuff comes from there.
    >Its really modern, very tasteful and very expensive looking!
    >http://sunairsims.gamesir.com/

    Hey, it's like an interactive Ikea catalogue! LOL

    Well, there is an awful lot of information there - a lot of people there
    have been working on the game, finding out what it does and how it does it
    since before the game was released. That is where we (originally) got
    SimPE, the CEP, Clean Installer, the hack scanner, where we first learnt to
    do new meshes and a gazillion hacks, after all. They provided the first
    (and only effective) solution to the packaging problem AND were the first to
    spot it and raise it with Maxis. Not to mention they now host MikeInside's
    lovely building tutorials (I've been having fun with those just recently).

    I always go there first to see if anything has been said about any little
    quirk or problem I spot too, or, in fact, if I just want to find out how to
    do something, closely followed, these days, by Various Simmers - but then a
    lot of the people on Various Simmers are ex-mts2 people. I joined Mod the
    Sims 2 when they first set up - AGES ago. I thought I might enjoy poking
    around in the programme and making a contribution (I only got into playing
    around with Sims 1 towards the end) - but I'm too busy - it's a great place
    for information.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    >> > Jeanie, don't you find it comical that we have to keep referring
    > > people to mts2? I mean it looks like people would just start
    > > checking there first :)
    >
    > It does make me sound like a broken record, doesn't it? But it's always
    the
    > first place I check for ANYTHING.
    >
    > Jeanie

    Oh really, I can get Sunair Sims without any problem (needs Java) but
    there's another gamesir site I want to visit that I get a 404 for every
    time.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > Anya1971 wrote:
    > > for really nice stuff try Sunair Sims. Most of my stuff comes from
    > > there. Its really modern, very tasteful and very expensive looking!
    > > http://sunairsims.gamesir.com/
    > >
    > I have never been able to get that site to open for me.
    >
    > Jeanie

    Does it have to be recolors?

    http://simfantasy.free.fr/Sims2/sims2.htm has a good looking one...and
    the donation ones looked drop dead gorgeous

    Jeanie wrote:

    >>http://sunairsims.gamesir.com/
    >>

    > I have never been able to get that site to open for me.

    Do you use Firefox?
    I can't get it to work with Firefox (and I do have Java), in Explorer it
    will load without problems.

    Bianca

    Rumpel wrote:

    > Jeanie wrote:
    >
    >>> http://sunairsims.gamesir.com/
    >>>

    >> I have never been able to get that site to open for me.
    >

    > Do you use Firefox?
    > I can't get it to work with Firefox (and I do have Java), in Explorer it
    > will load without problems.
    >
    > Bianca

    I can get it load. The navigation just annoys me.

    -georg

    Rumpel wrote:
    > Jeanie wrote:
    >
    >>> http://sunairsims.gamesir.com/
    >>>

    >> I have never been able to get that site to open for me.
    >
    > Do you use Firefox?
    > I can't get it to work with Firefox (and I do have Java), in Explorer
    > it will load without problems.
    >
    > Bianca

    Yes, I do use Firefox. I'll try it in IE. Thanks for the tip.

    in message news:jlgj91tsqrkv95s0c0e3pn1fv84rajq7p4@4ax.com...
    > On Sun, 29 May 2005 03:13:48 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
    >
    >>Jeanie, don't you find it comical that we have to keep referring people to
    >>mts2? I mean it looks like people would just start checking there first
    >>:)
    >
    > I've been there many times and they DID have some nice recolors, but
    > they weren't uni compatible... :-(

    Recheck, a lot of them have been updated now.

    Ryokoryoko wrote:
    > Does it have to be recolors?
    >
    > http://simfantasy.free.fr/Sims2/sims2.htm has a good looking one...and
    > the donation ones looked drop dead gorgeous

    OMG, they've got new outdoor plants!

    Jeanie

    On 29 May 2005 21:44:50 -0700, "Ryokoryoko" <ryoko@e-garfield.com>
    wrote:

    >Does it have to be recolors?
    >
    >http://simfantasy.free.fr/Sims2/sims2.htm has a good looking one...and
    >the donation ones looked drop dead gorgeous

    Thanks! Nice stuff there! No it doesn't have to be recolors, I've just
    had some bad experiences with new meshes.

Sims Games Video Games