Quick Launch bar

When I try to start-up the Quick Launch toolbar, I get an
error message that says "cannot create toolbar". This
just randomly started after I restarted my computer. I
tried shuting it down and restarting again, but it didnt
help. How can I fix this?
8 answers Last reply
More about quick launch

    PC running XP Home. The Quick Launch folder is present
    and contains all of the shortcuts yet error still occurs
    when I try and add back the Quick Launch toolbar. Have
    run virus scan and spyware products, but no luck. Any
    ideas?

    "Dan" <ender842@aol.com> wrote:

    >When I try to start-up the Quick Launch toolbar, I get an
    >error message that says "cannot create toolbar".

    This may help: "Error Message: Cannot Create Toolbar for ""
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240133).

    --
    (tm)

    Any updates on this? Thank you.

    Eric

    --
    ELA

    Thanks but this fix assumes your Quick Launch folder is
    missing which is not the case with my system. The folder
    is there with all of the shortcuts yet it will not allow
    me to turn on the Quick Launch toolbar without getting
    the error message.

    Other ideas? Thanks again.

    "Gary Lapalombara" <garylap@swbell.net> wrote:

    >Thanks but this fix assumes your Quick Launch folder is
    >missing which is not the case with my system. The folder
    >is there with all of the shortcuts yet it will not allow
    >me to turn on the Quick Launch toolbar without getting
    >the error message.

    Create a new user account. If it works here, copy your old account to
    the new one and use the new account now.
    "How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151)

    --
    (tm)
  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    Thanks, but same problem when I create a new user account.

  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    I've experienced the same problem. It started on 7/3 when I booted up my XP
    machine and went to log into my profile. I got a dialog box message
    that the profile lacked required priveleges and the system rebooted in
    30 seconds. The other profiles did not behave the same way. I spent
    an hour re-creating my profile and moving email, documents, etc. Ran
    ad-aware and hijack, found traces of the IMISERV virus (including a
    suspicious wupdt.exe executable), kept at it until an accompanying
    browser hijack disappeared.. (all this on a machine with current nav
    definitions, behind a firewall, latest patches, and strong password
    security... and a daughter of course, just like the commercial).

    The machine seems clean. No sign of any suspicious activity. However,
    the quick launch feature is dead. I can check off the option under
    toolbar properties, but the setting does not stick, and the quick
    launch bar does not appear. The folder is present in the profile, it
    just doesn't do anything.

    RO

    "Gary Lapalombara" <garylap@swbell.net> wrote in message news:<254e501c46127$6c51b750$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
    > Thanks, but same problem when I create a new user account.

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

    Rich,
    I have the same problem that you explained the post below.
    Have you gotten the problem fixed yet? I have searched and
    searched these forums and have yet to find any answers
    that work for me. Your problem sounds exactly like mine.
    Please email me or reply to this post if you have found
    the fix for it yet. Thanks, Suzi

Configuration Microsoft Quick Launch Error Message Windows XP