Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Quick Launch bar

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Microsoft
  • Quick Launch
  • Error Message
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
July 1, 2004 5:16:29 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

When I try to start-up the Quick Launch toolbar, I get an
error message that says "cannot create toolbar". This
just randomly started after I restarted my computer. I
tried shuting it down and restarting again, but it didnt
help. How can I fix this?

More about : quick launch bar

Anonymous
July 1, 2004 1:40:42 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

>-----Original Message-----
>When I try to start-up the Quick Launch toolbar, I get
an
>error message that says "cannot create toolbar". This
>just randomly started after I restarted my computer. I
>tried shuting it down and restarting again, but it didnt
>help. How can I fix this?
>.
>I also started having this problem yesterday on my home
PC running XP Home. The Quick Launch folder is present
and contains all of the shortcuts yet error still occurs
when I try and add back the Quick Launch toolbar. Have
run virus scan and spyware products, but no luck. Any
ideas?
Anonymous
July 1, 2004 10:01:31 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

"Dan" <ender842@aol.com> wrote:

>When I try to start-up the Quick Launch toolbar, I get an
>error message that says "cannot create toolbar".

This may help: "Error Message: Cannot Create Toolbar for ""
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240133).

--
(tm)
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 2:47:12 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Any updates on this? Thank you.

Eric



--
ELA
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted via http://www.mcse.ms
------------------------------------------------------------------------
View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message823177.html
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 10:23:49 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Thanks but this fix assumes your Quick Launch folder is
missing which is not the case with my system. The folder
is there with all of the shortcuts yet it will not allow
me to turn on the Quick Launch toolbar without getting
the error message.

Other ideas? Thanks again.

>-----Original Message-----
>"Dan" <ender842@aol.com> wrote:
>
>>When I try to start-up the Quick Launch toolbar, I get
an
>>error message that says "cannot create toolbar".
>
>This may help: "Error Message: Cannot Create Toolbar
for ""
>(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240133).
>
>--
>(tm)
>.
>
Anonymous
July 3, 2004 10:12:04 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

"Gary Lapalombara" <garylap@swbell.net> wrote:

>Thanks but this fix assumes your Quick Launch folder is
>missing which is not the case with my system. The folder
>is there with all of the shortcuts yet it will not allow
>me to turn on the Quick Launch toolbar without getting
>the error message.

Create a new user account. If it works here, copy your old account to
the new one and use the new account now.
"How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151)

--
(tm)
Anonymous
July 3, 2004 10:12:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Thanks, but same problem when I create a new user account.
>-----Original Message-----
>"Gary Lapalombara" <garylap@swbell.net> wrote:
>
>>Thanks but this fix assumes your Quick Launch folder is
>>missing which is not the case with my system. The
folder
>>is there with all of the shortcuts yet it will not
allow
>>me to turn on the Quick Launch toolbar without getting
>>the error message.
>
>Create a new user account. If it works here, copy your
old account to
>the new one and use the new account now.
>"How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile"
>(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151)
>
>--
>(tm)
>.
>
Anonymous
July 4, 2004 2:11:40 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

I've experienced the same problem. It started on 7/3 when I booted up my XP
machine and went to log into my profile. I got a dialog box message
that the profile lacked required priveleges and the system rebooted in
30 seconds. The other profiles did not behave the same way. I spent
an hour re-creating my profile and moving email, documents, etc. Ran
ad-aware and hijack, found traces of the IMISERV virus (including a
suspicious wupdt.exe executable), kept at it until an accompanying
browser hijack disappeared.. (all this on a machine with current nav
definitions, behind a firewall, latest patches, and strong password
security... and a daughter of course, just like the commercial).

The machine seems clean. No sign of any suspicious activity. However,
the quick launch feature is dead. I can check off the option under
toolbar properties, but the setting does not stick, and the quick
launch bar does not appear. The folder is present in the profile, it
just doesn't do anything.

RO

"Gary Lapalombara" <garylap@swbell.net> wrote in message news:<254e501c46127$6c51b750$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> Thanks, but same problem when I create a new user account.
> >-----Original Message-----
> >"Gary Lapalombara" <garylap@swbell.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Thanks but this fix assumes your Quick Launch folder is
> >>missing which is not the case with my system. The
> folder
> >>is there with all of the shortcuts yet it will not
> allow
> >>me to turn on the Quick Launch toolbar without getting
> >>the error message.
> >
> >Create a new user account. If it works here, copy your
> old account to
> >the new one and use the new account now.
> >"How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile"
> >(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151)
> >
> >--
> >(tm)
> >.
> >
Anonymous
July 13, 2004 2:48:23 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Rich,
I have the same problem that you explained the post below.
Have you gotten the problem fixed yet? I have searched and
searched these forums and have yet to find any answers
that work for me. Your problem sounds exactly like mine.
Please email me or reply to this post if you have found
the fix for it yet. Thanks, Suzi


>-----Original Message-----
>I've experienced the same problem. It started on 7/3
when I booted up my XP
>machine and went to log into my profile. I got a dialog
box message
>that the profile lacked required priveleges and the
system rebooted in
>30 seconds. The other profiles did not behave the same
way. I spent
>an hour re-creating my profile and moving email,
documents, etc. Ran
>ad-aware and hijack, found traces of the IMISERV ﷯virus﷯
(including a
>suspicious wupdt.exe executable), kept at it until an
accompanying
>browser hijack disappeared.. (all this on a machine with
current nav
>definitions, behind a firewall, latest patches, and
strong password
>security... and a daughter of course, just like the
commercial).
>
>The machine seems clean. No sign of any suspicious
activity. However,
>the quick launch feature is dead. I can check off the
option under
>toolbar properties, but the setting does not stick, and
the quick
>launch bar does not appear. The folder is present in the
profile, it
>just doesn't do anything.
>
>RO
>
>"Gary Lapalombara" <garylap@swbell.net> wrote in message
news:<254e501c46127$6c51b750$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
>> Thanks, but same problem when I create a new user
account.
>> >-----Original Message-----
>> >"Gary Lapalombara" <garylap@swbell.net> wrote:
>> >
>> >>Thanks but this fix assumes your Quick Launch folder
is
>> >>missing which is not the case with my system. The
>> folder
>> >>is there with all of the shortcuts yet it will not
>> allow
>> >>me to turn on the Quick Launch toolbar without
getting
>> >>the error message.
>> >
>> >Create a new user account. If it works here, copy your
>> old account to
>> >the new one and use the new account now.
>> >"How to Copy User Data to a New User Profile"
>> >(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=811151)
>> >
>> >--
>> >(tm)
>> >.
>> >
>.
>
!