Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Intel Chipset Drivers

Last response: in Motherboards
December 13, 2009 4:13:10 PM

I just installed the new intel chipset drivers for my Asus Rampage Fromula mobo.
http://www.x-drivers.com/catalog/drivers/chipsets/compa...

How do I know if I installed it correctly? I can't find it in device manager anywhere.

More about : intel chipset drivers

a b \ Driver
a b å Intel
a c 230 V Motherboard
December 13, 2009 9:12:34 PM

Are there exclamation marks?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
December 13, 2009 9:41:16 PM

the autoinstall only installs the required components, and besides, if your running vista/windows7 windows update looks after drivers and updates anyhow.
m
l
Related resources
December 13, 2009 9:44:00 PM

apache_lives said:
the autoinstall only installs the required components, and besides, if your running vista/windows7 windows update looks after drivers and updates anyhow.

Just because windows looks up and update drivers doesn't mean they are the most up to date ones.
m
l

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
December 13, 2009 11:04:33 PM

If you want drivers, go to the source. If its an ATI video card, get it from ATI website, If it's a intel chipset, get it from intel's website.

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support?iid=hdr-UK+support

look under
Chipsets-> Chipset Software-> Chipset Software Installation Utility-> Download Drivers and Software

select your OS and pick "INF Update Utility -​ Primarily for Intel® 5, 4, 3, 900 Series Chipsets" And follow on screen instructions.

Also, If you have an Intel chipset, you may wish to look into this driver as well. It's for the SATA controller i believe.
Chipsets-> Chipset Software-> Intel Matrix Storage Manager->Download Drivers and Software

Select your OS and pick "Intel(R) Matrix Storage Manager" and follow on screen instructions.

Need a hand? just ask.
December 14, 2009 1:06:14 AM

I installed it and everything was successful. No yellow exclamations or anything. Now all I want to do is be able to right click on a component from device manager and be able to see the driver detail stating the chipset driver I installed.
m
l
!