Tivo DVD-R resolution poor vs sony DVD-R.

Tags:
  • Tivo
  • Sony
  • DVD Writers
  • Home Theatre
Last response: in Home Theatre
February 17, 2005 1:54:39 AM

I recently bought a Toshiba Tivo with a DVD recorder. The main reason I
bought this unit is to transfer my 8mm video home movies to DVD. With
this unit you first transfer it to the hard drive then to a DVD-R. As I
was transfering I noticed that the picture was somewhat grainy so I
bought a Sony DVD recorder just to see if I would get the same result by
transfering the tapes directly to the DVD-R. So I plugged my camcorder
into the Sony and the transfer came out crystal clear. Also tv programs
come out way clearer on a DVD-RW on the Sony than on the Tivo harddrive.
(Both were recorded in HQ)!
I also noticed when I Tivoed the Grammys in HQ, they still had a lot of
pixalation especially when ever there was stobe lights.

More about : tivo dvd resolution poor sony dvd

February 17, 2005 3:12:07 PM

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 22:54:39 -0700, lolajoker@webtv.net wrote:

>I recently bought a Toshiba Tivo with a DVD recorder. The main reason I
>bought this unit is to transfer my 8mm video home movies to DVD. With
>this unit you first transfer it to the hard drive then to a DVD-R. As I
>was transfering I noticed that the picture was somewhat grainy so I
>bought a Sony DVD recorder just to see if I would get the same result by
>transfering the tapes directly to the DVD-R. So I plugged my camcorder
>into the Sony and the transfer came out crystal clear. Also tv programs
>come out way clearer on a DVD-RW on the Sony than on the Tivo harddrive.
>(Both were recorded in HQ)!
>I also noticed when I Tivoed the Grammys in HQ, they still had a lot of
>pixalation especially when ever there was stobe lights.

What model Sony did you buy?

Sean
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:46:14 AM

I have the Toshiba RS-TX20 and a Sony
RDR-VX500
Related resources
February 18, 2005 1:37:18 PM

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:46:14 -0700, lolajoker@webtv.net wrote:

>I have the Toshiba RS-TX20 and a Sony
>RDR-VX500

I'm looking at the RDR-VX500.

How do you like it?

Sean
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 2:22:16 AM

It works pretty good and it is easy to use but the main thing is that
the DVD recording has so much better resolution than the Tivo hard
drive.