Fans stay powered during sleep <S3>

gtmethod3

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
Hey gang,

I am having some difficulty with my rig. I recently reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (reformatted the drive and all) and now whenever I put the system to sleep, the fans keep running. Everything else acts normal (lights go out, monitor out, HDs spin down). The problem used to be intermittent. I reinstalled the OS in hopes to fix it, now it is all the time.

For the life of me, I cannot find a cure. I have check and changed BIOS settings, played with every control in Windows power options, unhooked devices, updated drivers, checked jumper settings, you name it. It appears the unit goes into a S1 state, but I don't have that enabled in the BIOS. :fou:

There is a utility called dumppo.exe that fixed issues like this with XP, but no go on 7.

I am using a DFI Lanparty JR P45-T2RS.

I also noticed that the fans stay on sometimes when I shutdown the computer. :cry:

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

gtmethod3

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
This just in: During an improper shutdown, my BIOS was reset to standard settings and the computer goes to sleep perfectly now. What could have caused this? My processor is overclocked, but everything else regarding sleep should have been set. Any ideas?