RAID 0 short dst fails, but as single drives, both pass?

roryadam84

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009
i have two seagate barracudas 7200.12 in raid zero and a seagate 7200.4 notebook drive in a usb enclosure for backup.seatools passed all test on all drives but now that the two barracudas are in raid 0 its failing short dst test. ive had a few BSODs as well but i think that was due to the backup drive not getting enough power as of now my backup drive is disconnected and havent had a bsod for about two days and the first bsod i had was moments after connecting it so its been formatted and is just hanging out on the desk. but now that this short dst failed thing comes up im stuck on what to do should i connect the backup drive to preserve my files and risk the blue screen or should i wait to see if another one happens without it connected. also is there soemthing i dont know about raid 0 is it failing the test just because itssetup that way because both drives seem fine as single drives.thanks in advance to anyone who may shed some light on this

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
What OS? Different OS's have differnt driver requirements
Is bios set for RAID?

When you connect 2 drives in RAID you have to either build a RAID array in BIOS or OS or you have to format them once built. You cannot just plug 2 drives together and have it work.

Did you initialize the array?

roryadam84

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009

yes i set them up through BIOS windows 7 operating system and it was a clean install formatted through windows 7 installation disc prior to installation

roryadam84

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2009

i ran seatools under dos i only did the short dst test on both though and both passed and then when in windows i ran seatools under windows for the array and the short test failed