Sign in with
Your question

LOOKING to ADD 2 internal DVD/CD drives to NEW SYSTEM

Last response: in Storage
March 4, 2011 4:49:51 AM

Hey, all-
Just did the mousie build thing...you know do a custom "build" using the mind of a mouse, eh mind AND a mouse! ...Back in da day, I'd start from mobo, chipset, case as my barebones and shout: Take it from the top, or eh, from the bottom-up! But, that was then, & this is now:

I got this set-up coming soon:

Mid-twr; Corsair-650TX; ASUS M4A88T-M, AM3, 880G
Phenom II x4 955 Quad, 3.2 GHz-Blk Ed., Seagate 500GB 7200 SATA; 4GB RAM

SO, HERE'S THE Q- In reviewing the Master/Slave relationship of SATA drives, it sounds like 2 drives of the same brand/model may cause some issues? I'm from the IDE school of hard drives & knocks! So, what's the SATA-tistics here? Thanks in advance.
a b G Storage
March 7, 2011 5:03:44 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Forum Feedback to section Storage by Buwish
a c 100 G Storage
March 7, 2011 5:51:37 AM

SATA drives are incapable of most conflicts such as the Master/Slave issues in IDE setups.

SATA drives are simply plug and play.

You can safely install as many SATA drives as you have connections for.

You should see if there is a firmware update for your SATA CD/DVD/BD drive. Usually a few are made following drive production for disc compatibility. In fact, most older burners begin creating "coasters" (bad burns) solely because they no longer receive updates. What a waste, but that's how they sell new drives.
!