Jun 13, 2011
Hello,
Hi just completed a new build and I wanna unlock my CPU
System specs ARE:
CPU: Phenom II X2 555 BE
MOBO: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO
RAM: Kingston 1333 MHz 4GB (2X2GB) 1.5V each
PSU: ATX 500W (came with the case)
HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda (for storage) & 80GB Seagate Barracuda (for os)
OS(s): Dual boot windows 7 AND Ubuntu 11.04

Im thinking that I may not have sufficient power from the PSU to power a CPU unlocked to X4. I am able to unlock CPU because it boot and says ****4 cores activated**** but after logo screen screen goes black with a blinking - (dash) oh! and my GPU is some cheap thing from an old tower it runs off power from mobo it sucks anyways so i will upgrade obviously any help would be nice
I Tried unlocking before i decided to do a dual boot I WAS only running windows 7 on the TB HDD and it was only the one drive, now I have formatted that drive, installed the 80GB HDD created 2 partitions, and used it ONLY for my OS's

Donmige

Distinguished
May 12, 2011
I would check how many watt cpu youre board can handle, then check how many watts youre cpu is, I would look in the owners manuel. (keep in mind im a newbie at this too :O )

fastball1993

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Yeah I was talking to tech support from ASUS because the system would just lock up at random times for no aparent reason and he said if I wanted to run the CPU in quad core I would need a minimum of a 650W power supply

fastball1993

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Yeah I was talking to tech support from ASUS because the system would just lock up at random times for no aparent reason and he said if I wanted to run the CPU in quad core I would need a minimum of a 650W power supply