wesley

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

My new twins babies 1 white / 1 green baby :D

Green baby named Oloo and white baby name Amy :D

I don't know why I like Oloo. :D

Wesley wrote:

> My new twins babies 1 white / 1 green baby :D
>
> Green baby named Oloo and white baby name Amy :D
>

> I don't know why I like Oloo. :D

If I can name a collection after diseases, there is nothing wrong with
Oloo.

-georg

georg wrote:
> Wesley wrote:
>
>> My new twins babies 1 white / 1 green baby :D
>>
>> Green baby named Oloo and white baby name Amy :D
>>

>> I don't know why I like Oloo. :D
>

> If I can name a collection after diseases, there is nothing wrong with
> Oloo.
>
> -georg

I named Brandi Broke's latest baby "Bastard."

Truth in advertising.

--
--Cuth

On Mon, 30 May 2005 16:13:27 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I named Brandi Broke's latest baby "Bastard."
>
>Truth in advertising.

LMAO!

I'm even weirder, I name all my alien babies with Z's and X's...
Xiitoo, Zataxaza etc... lol

destiny

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2003

I named all my alien babies after planets and space type names wonder if
spock is going overboard? lol

"Guardian Pegasus"
<Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
in message news:d1im9198tkoalsdjs0iv14a0pvm8khip5m@4ax.com...

Destiny wrote:
> I named all my alien babies after planets and space type names wonder
> if spock is going overboard? lol

Not at all. Vulcan names are quite appropriate, I think. All male Vulcans
must have names beginning with "S" and having 5 latters. Spook, Spark,
Spunk, Stark, Stare, etc. And females need a T with an apostrophe and then
a capital P to begin the rest of the name. T'Pow (forgive me, Gene
Roddenberry), T'Priss, T'Patooey, T'Pothead (this one born to the hippy
family), T'Prong, the list can be endless.

Jeanie

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> I'm even weirder, I name all my alien babies with Z's and X's...
> Xiitoo, Zataxaza etc... lol

ROTFLOL I thought I was surely the only one who did that!

Laura

On Mon, 30 May 2005 17:56:30 GMT, "Destiny" <natvdrms@nbnet.nb.ca>
wrote:

>I named all my alien babies after planets and space type names wonder if
>spock is going overboard? lol

Oh, you're worse than me! :p

I'm gonna name mine after stars and galaxies! Wolf-359! Tau-611! etc.
LOL

What does that make Tuvok?

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

> Destiny wrote:
> > I named all my alien babies after planets and space type names wonder
> > if spock is going overboard? lol
>
> Not at all. Vulcan names are quite appropriate, I think. All male
Vulcans
> must have names beginning with "S" and having 5 latters. Spook, Spark,
> Spunk, Stark, Stare, etc. And females need a T with an apostrophe and
then
> a capital P to begin the rest of the name. T'Pow (forgive me, Gene
> Roddenberry), T'Priss, T'Patooey, T'Pothead (this one born to the hippy
> family), T'Prong, the list can be endless.
>
> Jeanie

I got that that was the way Jeannie did it, not that it was written in
stone. Sarek from The Voyage Home was female, not male.

Although I am sure that you could find any number of vulcan rules around the
net as it is anybody's guess, being that it is fictional and all :)

Madame Mim wrote:
> What does that make Tuvok?

Unwed.

Usually, the abbreviation happens when the women marry. Covered in depth
in one of the books by Margaret Wander Bananno. The story deals with a
female Vulcan who is kidnapped, and her betrothed goes through Pon'Farr
while she is in captivity. He did not survive. She did. She never
abbreviated her name.

Assuming I am remembering my Cannon properly. It's been a while.

-georg

Tuvok is the science officer in Voyager and a very married male Vulcan.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

Madame Mim wrote:

> Tuvok is the science officer in Voyager and a very married male Vulcan.

He's very weird then. They may have forgotten the S rule for him.

Had he been female, he'd have been T'vok as a married lady.

-georg

Hmmm, tuvok was male so the ' is not appropriate for him as you said it was
a female thing.

> Madame Mim wrote:
>
>> Tuvok is the science officer in Voyager and a very married male Vulcan.
>>

> He's very weird then. They may have forgotten the S rule for him.
>
> Had he been female, he'd have been T'vok as a married lady.
>
> -georg

> What does that make Tuvok?

8))))
A token something or other.
I have a T'pot.

GG

Yes, thank you :)
Just watched the movie the other night.......knew it was something like that
with no ' and starting with an S.

"Admiral DanielSBen" <Admiral_DanielSBen@excite.com> wrote in message
> He/she probably meant 'Saavik'.

On Mon, 30 May 2005 19:57:51 GMT, Laura Castellano
<laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> I'm even weirder, I name all my alien babies with Z's and X's...
>> Xiitoo, Zataxaza etc... lol
>
>ROTFLOL I thought I was surely the only one who did that!

LOL! For real!?

Madame Mim wrote:
> What does that make Tuvok?

I have no idea who Tuvok is. I never watched any of the "later" Treks. If
that was a character on one of the other shows, perhaps he is a half breed
of some sort. Of course, Roddenberry died and new directors and producers
can do whatever they want, I suppose.

Jeanie

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> Destiny wrote:
>>> I named all my alien babies after planets and space type names
>>> wonder if spock is going overboard? lol
>>
>> Not at all. Vulcan names are quite appropriate, I think. All male
>> Vulcans must have names beginning with "S" and having 5 latters.
>> Spook, Spark, Spunk, Stark, Stare, etc. And females need a T with
>> an apostrophe and then a capital P to begin the rest of the name.
>> T'Pow (forgive me, Gene Roddenberry), T'Priss, T'Patooey, T'Pothead
>> (this one born to the hippy family), T'Prong, the list can be
>> endless.
>>
>> Jeanie

Jeanie where is your source for this vulcan info?
And as far as the ' goes, I never saw that til the show Enterprise.

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> I got that that was the way Jeannie did it, not that it was written in
> stone. Sarek from The Voyage Home was female, not male.

Excuse me? Sarek was Spock's father's name.

Jeanie

Bluegenie2 wrote:
> Jeanie where is your source for this vulcan info?
> And as far as the ' goes, I never saw that til the show Enterprise.

Spock's wife's name was T'Pring and the old Matriarch's name was T'Pau in
the original series. I used to have the script guide they used for that
show and those were the "rules" for Vulcan names that Gene Roddenberry came
up with for the writers of the show.

Jeanie

> Bluegenie2 wrote:
>> Jeanie where is your source for this vulcan info?
>> And as far as the ' goes, I never saw that til the show Enterprise.
>
> Spock's wife's name was T'Pring and the old Matriarch's name was T'Pau in
> the original series. I used to have the script guide they used for that
> show and those were the "rules" for Vulcan names that Gene Roddenberry
> came
> up with for the writers of the show.
>
> Jeanie

I did not realize that Spock was even married. In the later movies, it is
not mentioned, as far as I have seen anyway.
According to
http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/character/bio/1112508.html
he did not marry her, despite the fact that they were bonded at a young age.
She chose another instead. And her name was T'Pring before getting married.

Like I said before, you could probably find all different kinds of views
over the internet. :)

On Tue, 31 May 2005 00:38:47 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

>Jeanie where is your source for this vulcan info?
>And as far as the ' goes, I never saw that til the show Enterprise.

Fellow Trekkies! :-D

A darn shame about Enterprise... it was really getting good :-( And
the altaverse episodes were really cool!

What happened to Enterprise?

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM