Oloo

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

My new twins babies 1 white / 1 green baby :D

Green baby named Oloo and white baby name Amy :D

I don't know why I like Oloo. :D
87 answers Last reply
More about oloo
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2,alt.games-the-sims (More info?)

    Wesley wrote:

    > My new twins babies 1 white / 1 green baby :D
    >
    > Green baby named Oloo and white baby name Amy :D
    >

    > I don't know why I like Oloo. :D

    If I can name a collection after diseases, there is nothing wrong with
    Oloo.

    -georg

    georg wrote:
    > Wesley wrote:
    >
    >> My new twins babies 1 white / 1 green baby :D
    >>
    >> Green baby named Oloo and white baby name Amy :D
    >>

    >> I don't know why I like Oloo. :D
    >

    > If I can name a collection after diseases, there is nothing wrong with
    > Oloo.
    >
    > -georg

    I named Brandi Broke's latest baby "Bastard."

    Truth in advertising.

    --
    --Cuth

    On Mon, 30 May 2005 16:13:27 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
    <chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

    >I named Brandi Broke's latest baby "Bastard."
    >
    >Truth in advertising.

    LMAO!

    I'm even weirder, I name all my alien babies with Z's and X's...
    Xiitoo, Zataxaza etc... lol

    I named all my alien babies after planets and space type names wonder if
    spock is going overboard? lol

    "Guardian Pegasus"
    <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
    in message news:d1im9198tkoalsdjs0iv14a0pvm8khip5m@4ax.com...

    Destiny wrote:
    > I named all my alien babies after planets and space type names wonder
    > if spock is going overboard? lol

    Not at all. Vulcan names are quite appropriate, I think. All male Vulcans
    must have names beginning with "S" and having 5 latters. Spook, Spark,
    Spunk, Stark, Stare, etc. And females need a T with an apostrophe and then
    a capital P to begin the rest of the name. T'Pow (forgive me, Gene
    Roddenberry), T'Priss, T'Patooey, T'Pothead (this one born to the hippy
    family), T'Prong, the list can be endless.

    Jeanie

    He/she probably meant 'Saavik'.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > I'm even weirder, I name all my alien babies with Z's and X's...
    > Xiitoo, Zataxaza etc... lol

    ROTFLOL I thought I was surely the only one who did that!

    Laura

    On Mon, 30 May 2005 17:56:30 GMT, "Destiny" <natvdrms@nbnet.nb.ca>
    wrote:

    >I named all my alien babies after planets and space type names wonder if
    >spock is going overboard? lol

    Oh, you're worse than me! :-P

    I'm gonna name mine after stars and galaxies! Wolf-359! Tau-611! etc.
    LOL

    What does that make Tuvok?

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > Destiny wrote:
    > > I named all my alien babies after planets and space type names wonder
    > > if spock is going overboard? lol
    >
    > Not at all. Vulcan names are quite appropriate, I think. All male
    Vulcans
    > must have names beginning with "S" and having 5 latters. Spook, Spark,
    > Spunk, Stark, Stare, etc. And females need a T with an apostrophe and
    then
    > a capital P to begin the rest of the name. T'Pow (forgive me, Gene
    > Roddenberry), T'Priss, T'Patooey, T'Pothead (this one born to the hippy
    > family), T'Prong, the list can be endless.
    >
    > Jeanie

    I got that that was the way Jeannie did it, not that it was written in
    stone. Sarek from The Voyage Home was female, not male.

    Although I am sure that you could find any number of vulcan rules around the
    net as it is anybody's guess, being that it is fictional and all :)

    Madame Mim wrote:
    > What does that make Tuvok?

    Unwed.

    Usually, the abbreviation happens when the women marry. Covered in depth
    in one of the books by Margaret Wander Bananno. The story deals with a
    female Vulcan who is kidnapped, and her betrothed goes through Pon'Farr
    while she is in captivity. He did not survive. She did. She never
    abbreviated her name.

    Assuming I am remembering my Cannon properly. It's been a while.

    -georg

    Tuvok is the science officer in Voyager and a very married male Vulcan.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    Madame Mim wrote:

    > Tuvok is the science officer in Voyager and a very married male Vulcan.

    He's very weird then. They may have forgotten the S rule for him.

    Had he been female, he'd have been T'vok as a married lady.

    -georg

    Hmmm, tuvok was male so the ' is not appropriate for him as you said it was
    a female thing.

    > Madame Mim wrote:
    >
    >> Tuvok is the science officer in Voyager and a very married male Vulcan.
    >>

    > He's very weird then. They may have forgotten the S rule for him.
    >
    > Had he been female, he'd have been T'vok as a married lady.
    >
    > -georg

    > What does that make Tuvok?

    8))))
    A token something or other.
    I have a T'pot.

    GG

    Yes, thank you :)
    Just watched the movie the other night.......knew it was something like that
    with no ' and starting with an S.

    "Admiral DanielSBen" <Admiral_DanielSBen@excite.com> wrote in message
    > He/she probably meant 'Saavik'.

    On Mon, 30 May 2005 19:57:51 GMT, Laura Castellano
    <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >> I'm even weirder, I name all my alien babies with Z's and X's...
    >> Xiitoo, Zataxaza etc... lol
    >
    >ROTFLOL I thought I was surely the only one who did that!

    LOL! For real!?

    Madame Mim wrote:
    > What does that make Tuvok?

    I have no idea who Tuvok is. I never watched any of the "later" Treks. If
    that was a character on one of the other shows, perhaps he is a half breed
    of some sort. Of course, Roddenberry died and new directors and producers
    can do whatever they want, I suppose.

    Jeanie

    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Destiny wrote:
    >>> I named all my alien babies after planets and space type names
    >>> wonder if spock is going overboard? lol
    >>
    >> Not at all. Vulcan names are quite appropriate, I think. All male
    >> Vulcans must have names beginning with "S" and having 5 latters.
    >> Spook, Spark, Spunk, Stark, Stare, etc. And females need a T with
    >> an apostrophe and then a capital P to begin the rest of the name.
    >> T'Pow (forgive me, Gene Roddenberry), T'Priss, T'Patooey, T'Pothead
    >> (this one born to the hippy family), T'Prong, the list can be
    >> endless.
    >>
    >> Jeanie

    Jeanie where is your source for this vulcan info?
    And as far as the ' goes, I never saw that til the show Enterprise.

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > I got that that was the way Jeannie did it, not that it was written in
    > stone. Sarek from The Voyage Home was female, not male.

    Excuse me? Sarek was Spock's father's name.

    Jeanie

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > Jeanie where is your source for this vulcan info?
    > And as far as the ' goes, I never saw that til the show Enterprise.

    Spock's wife's name was T'Pring and the old Matriarch's name was T'Pau in
    the original series. I used to have the script guide they used for that
    show and those were the "rules" for Vulcan names that Gene Roddenberry came
    up with for the writers of the show.

    Jeanie

    > Bluegenie2 wrote:
    >> Jeanie where is your source for this vulcan info?
    >> And as far as the ' goes, I never saw that til the show Enterprise.
    >
    > Spock's wife's name was T'Pring and the old Matriarch's name was T'Pau in
    > the original series. I used to have the script guide they used for that
    > show and those were the "rules" for Vulcan names that Gene Roddenberry
    > came
    > up with for the writers of the show.
    >
    > Jeanie

    I did not realize that Spock was even married. In the later movies, it is
    not mentioned, as far as I have seen anyway.
    According to
    http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/character/bio/1112508.html
    he did not marry her, despite the fact that they were bonded at a young age.
    She chose another instead. And her name was T'Pring before getting married.

    Like I said before, you could probably find all different kinds of views
    over the internet. :)

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 00:38:47 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

    >Jeanie where is your source for this vulcan info?
    >And as far as the ' goes, I never saw that til the show Enterprise.

    Fellow Trekkies! :-D

    A darn shame about Enterprise... it was really getting good :-( And
    the altaverse episodes were really cool!

    What happened to Enterprise?

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    in message news:fesn91ls6dk45q6p18f9mn4aopmppr7sbk@4ax.com...
    > On Tue, 31 May 2005 00:38:47 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
    >
    > >Jeanie where is your source for this vulcan info?
    > >And as far as the ' goes, I never saw that til the show Enterprise.
    >
    > Fellow Trekkies! :-D
    >
    > A darn shame about Enterprise... it was really getting good :-( And
    > the altaverse episodes were really cool!

    I remember the episode where Spock goes home to get married. She's got some
    Vulcan boyfriend she fancies much more than Spock, and then claims to want
    to marry Kirk, just to get Spock to kill him, and then it really gets
    confusing. I don't remember her name before or after, but you're right that
    she doesn't marry Spock, that much I do remember.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > Jeanie where is your source for this vulcan info?
    > And as far as the ' goes, I never saw that til the show Enterprise.

    Damn good points, as Kirk said.

    The S, space, space, space, K naming was started as a joke in the studios
    then written in to the 'canon'.
    It was supposed to be in homage to Surak (that sure sounds logical) and no
    doubt used by Vulcan parents who wanted to show how very proper they were.

    There 'were' no rules about women's names or married names or anything else
    until the authors with the loudest voices started laying down the law.
    Usually female. I wonder why?

    GG

    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Madame Mim wrote:
    >>> What does that make Tuvok?
    >>
    >> I have no idea who Tuvok is. I never watched any of the "later" Treks.
    >> If
    >> that was a character on one of the other shows, perhaps he is a half
    >> breed
    >> of some sort. Of course, Roddenberry died and new directors and
    >> producers
    >> can do whatever they want, I suppose.
    >>
    >> Jeanie
    >>

    >>> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 07:44:59 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    >I remember the episode where Spock goes home to get married. She's got some
    >Vulcan boyfriend she fancies much more than Spock, and then claims to want
    >to marry Kirk, just to get Spock to kill him, and then it really gets
    >confusing. I don't remember her name before or after, but you're right that
    >she doesn't marry Spock, that much I do remember.

    LOL... I've never seen TOS, and I'm glad :-P

    in message news:9u7o915mfnt9rnd41fqpor3gjv5ri85cg4@4ax.com...
    > On Tue, 31 May 2005 07:44:59 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    > <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:
    >
    >>I remember the episode where Spock goes home to get married. She's got
    >>some
    >>Vulcan boyfriend she fancies much more than Spock, and then claims to want
    >>to marry Kirk, just to get Spock to kill him, and then it really gets
    >>confusing. I don't remember her name before or after, but you're right
    >>that
    >>she doesn't marry Spock, that much I do remember.
    >
    > LOL... I've never seen TOS, and I'm glad :-P

    Which one is your favorite? I liked TNG, Voyager and some DS9. I didn't
    keep up with Enterprise cause I was always working when it was on :(
    I'm not a TOS fan, but I do like the movies and the characters, all except
    Kirk.

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 12:37:12 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 31 May 2005 09:50:12 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    ><mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:
    >
    >>We seem to be stuck in reality TV horror over here in Aus. Big Brother
    >>again, Worlds greatest race, people makeovers, house makeovers, Guinness
    >>book of records, medical reality, police reality.
    >
    >Here too... WHO watches this filth!? :-( Did you know that people who
    >watch reality TV have a lower average IQ? And the more they watch, the
    >lower it is lol... no surprise there :-p

    I find this stuff completely boring, but I have good friends who watch
    Survivor, The Great Race (or whatever it's called), Queer Eye for the
    Straight Guy, Trading Spaces, and a few of the others, and these folks
    have very high IQs indeed.

    I don't see the appeal. I also don't have cable TV.

    I miss "Picket Fences," which I think was the best of David Kelley's
    shows. Nowadays, the only show I watch regularly is "House, M.D."

    BW

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 13:26:14 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    >OK that's two votes for 24, and me against. I never did get into it, only
    >watched two episodes waiting for it to actually do something, maybe I
    >stopped too soon?

    I watched the first one, and it didn't appeal to me. My sister-in-law
    loves it and has urged me to try again. I had the first disk of
    Season 1 in my Netflix queue, but there are lots of things I would
    rather see first, so I'll probably never get around to it.

    BW

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 09:50:12 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    >We seem to be stuck in reality TV horror over here in Aus. Big Brother
    >again, Worlds greatest race, people makeovers, house makeovers, Guinness
    >book of records, medical reality, police reality.

    It's the same in Norway, it's commercials and reality nonsense.

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 10:27:21 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 31 May 2005 07:44:59 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    ><mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:
    >
    >>I remember the episode where Spock goes home to get married. She's got some
    >>Vulcan boyfriend she fancies much more than Spock, and then claims to want
    >>to marry Kirk, just to get Spock to kill him, and then it really gets
    >>confusing. I don't remember her name before or after, but you're right that
    >>she doesn't marry Spock, that much I do remember.
    >
    >LOL... I've never seen TOS, and I'm glad :-P

    I'm glad I've seen all the episodes, one of the best TV-shows ever
    made.

    > OK that's two votes for 24, and me against. I never did get into it, only
    > watched two episodes waiting for it to actually do something, maybe I
    > stopped too soon?

    Wot's 24?

    Granny - out of it.

    Bluegenie2 wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    >> Bluegenie2 wrote:
    >>> Jeanie where is your source for this vulcan info?
    >>> And as far as the ' goes, I never saw that til the show Enterprise.
    >>
    >> Spock's wife's name was T'Pring and the old Matriarch's name was
    >> T'Pau in the original series. I used to have the script guide they
    >> used for that show and those were the "rules" for Vulcan names that
    >> Gene Roddenberry came
    >> up with for the writers of the show.
    >>
    >> Jeanie
    >
    > I did not realize that Spock was even married. In the later movies,
    > it is not mentioned, as far as I have seen anyway.
    > According to
    > http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/character/bio/1112508.html
    > he did not marry her, despite the fact that they were bonded at a
    > young age. She chose another instead. And her name was T'Pring
    > before getting married.
    >
    > Like I said before, you could probably find all different kinds of
    > views over the internet. :)

    Spock refered to her as his "wife" even though they had not gone through the
    ceremony that accompanies his first Pon Farr and the consummation of the
    marriage. The way the script guide described it, it was a great deal like
    the old traditional Hebrew marriages, i.e. Joseph and Mary. They were
    "married" but really only betrothed. But in that culture, that betrothal
    was as unbreakable as marriage.

    T'Pring did the unthinkable when she chose the other Vulcan because she
    "liked him better." She broke with tradition and was a true rebel, lucky
    for Spock.

    Jeanie

    Granny Grumpling wrote:
    > Wot's 24?

    You can't really start watching a few episodes before the end of the fourth
    series, but I'll give as brief a description as I can description.

    It's about Jack Bauer, who works for Counter Terrorist Unit, LA. Each
    episode lasts 1 hour and is in real time, ie 10mins in the program is 10
    mins in the characters' lives. There are 24 eposodes per series and 1 series
    is 1 'day'. The first series is about the kidnapping of Jack's wife and
    daughter and an assassination attempt on a presidential candidate, the
    second, a nuke, the third, an extermely lethal virus, and the fourth has
    several different plots, the kidnapping of the Sec of Def and his daughter,
    and a bunch of nuclear stuff. It's a very gripping program and people have
    been known to watch it for days non-stop. Its on Sky 1 at 9pm on Sunday (I
    *think* you're in the UK, if not its just finished), but if you were to
    start watching I would suggest watching from the begining.

    Not too brief...

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 13:26:14 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    >OK that's two votes for 24, and me against. I never did get into it, only
    >watched two episodes waiting for it to actually do something, maybe I
    >stopped too soon?

    Maybe so. It's a frenetically paced action/thriller show, and in my
    opinion it's gotten better each season, and they keep the surprises
    coming often enough to make it interesting. Word of advice though...
    don't get too attached to any main characters LOL. Unlike other shows,
    24 frequently offs some of them to keep us gasping. And the
    near-off'ings are even more exciting!

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 13:46:06 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:

    >I did get a kick out of Enterprise during the first season when 'Al' from
    >quantum leap made a guest appearance. I just knew that was going to happen
    >sometime :)

    Several appereances, if I'm not wrong?

    >That is one show I loved.......Quantum Leap.

    I only saw a few episodes, sadly, but it was interesting. Easily not a
    favourite though I'm afraid :-p

    People say "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives" are great, but... I'm
    skeptical. I liked the 4400 though I'm sad there were only 5 episodes.
    Luckily more are coming in june :-)

    in message news:abfp91pvkekn9igp81s3q8907ahk3ik687@4ax.com...
    > On Tue, 31 May 2005 13:46:06 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
    >
    >>I did get a kick out of Enterprise during the first season when 'Al' from
    >>quantum leap made a guest appearance. I just knew that was going to
    >>happen
    >>sometime :)
    >
    > Several appereances, if I'm not wrong?

    You may be right, I just mainly caught the first season :(
    After that, either it kept getting moved around here (as far as what night
    it was on) or I was working, I work evenings mostly.
    Plus, it was a while before we even had a decent UPN station around here.

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 13:39:29 +0200, Strider <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote:

    >>LOL... I've never seen TOS, and I'm glad :-P
    >
    >I'm glad I've seen all the episodes, one of the best TV-shows ever
    >made.

    For real? I love Star Trek, but TOS is just... too retro now. I gew up
    with Star Wars (born 1980 saw the movies in 1984 LOL!).

    Maybe I'll download some episodes just to have a peek.

    "Will Bradshaw" <spam@beasolutions.com> wrote in message
    > Granny Grumpling wrote:
    >> Wot's 24?
    >
    > You can't really start watching a few episodes before the end of the
    > fourth series, but I'll give as brief a description as I can description.

    Yup, yup, yup! I'm with you.
    I thought perhaps '24' was a code for a program with a longer name.
    I thought that was 24 hours, actually. Never watched it though.

    > It's about Jack Bauer, who works for Counter Terrorist Unit, LA.
    ......The first series is about the kidnapping of Jack's wife and
    > daughter and an assassination attempt on a presidential candidate, the
    > second, a nuke, the third, an extermely lethal virus, and the fourth has
    > several different plots, the kidnapping of the Sec of Def and his
    > daughter, and a bunch of nuclear stuff. ......
    Its on Sky 1 at 9pm on Sunday (I
    > *think* you're in the UK, if not its just finished), but if you were to
    > start watching I would suggest watching from the begining.

    I think the terrestial viewers had the first episode only.
    My, it sounds hairy.
    Thanks.

    Granny.

    >>> I suspect that your description loses a lot in the translation.
    >>> 8))))
    >>> The younger Sutherland man, eh? Mmmmmmm
    >>

    >> LOL! I look him up on IMDB.com... under the trivia section:

    >> London, England, UK
    >>
    >> WHAT!? lol and stranger still...
    >>
    >> Birth name
    >> Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland
    >>
    >> That's crazy......... LOL
    >
    > He probably had a lot of rich relatives.
    >
    > -georg

    Yeah, including his famous father, Donald. Wonder why that wasn't included
    in that list? Sounds like an entire sim family doesn't it? LOL

    Jeanie

    An American show about a (federal?) agent and how he has to save the world
    (an in the first series his daughter, wife, marriage and career) in episodes
    each revealing only one hour of a 24 hour period.

    Correct me if I'm wrong people who watched it

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    "Granny Grumpling" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > OK that's two votes for 24, and me against. I never did get into it,
    only
    > > watched two episodes waiting for it to actually do something, maybe I
    > > stopped too soon?
    > >

    > Wot's 24?
    >
    > Granny - out of it.

    Yeah, I liked Quantum Leap - made it hard to get into Enterprise though. I
    occasionally watch Lost (it clashes with CSI here) and desperate housewives
    is just another weird soap to me. They've just started showing the new
    Doctor Who here, and I've seen two episodes. I don't know yet if I'm
    watching it because I used to love it, or if I actually see something in it
    that makes me think it will deliver entertainment once I get into it.

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    "Guardian Pegasus"
    <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va> wrote
    in message news:abfp91pvkekn9igp81s3q8907ahk3ik687@4ax.com...
    > On Tue, 31 May 2005 13:46:06 -0400, "Bluegenie2" <me@fuil.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I did get a kick out of Enterprise during the first season when 'Al' from
    > >quantum leap made a guest appearance. I just knew that was going to
    happen
    > >sometime :)
    >
    > Several appereances, if I'm not wrong?
    >
    > >That is one show I loved.......Quantum Leap.
    >
    > I only saw a few episodes, sadly, but it was interesting. Easily not a
    > favourite though I'm afraid :-p
    >
    > People say "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives" are great, but... I'm
    > skeptical. I liked the 4400 though I'm sad there were only 5 episodes.
    > Luckily more are coming in june :-)

    In 1984 I was 12. My step-father took the whole family to see Star Wars, my
    brother and sister (2 and 4 years younger than me) and my mother - who
    promptly sat down and went to sleep. She used to love a movie night. It was
    the only good rest she got.

    ;')

    --

    in message news:dqfp91lilrrgju8iobaqp7thihcvau7b56@4ax.com...
    > On Tue, 31 May 2005 13:39:29 +0200, Strider <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote:
    >
    > >>LOL... I've never seen TOS, and I'm glad :-P
    > >
    > >I'm glad I've seen all the episodes, one of the best TV-shows ever
    > >made.
    >
    > For real? I love Star Trek, but TOS is just... too retro now. I gew up
    > with Star Wars (born 1980 saw the movies in 1984 LOL!).
    >
    > Maybe I'll download some episodes just to have a peek.

    OMG, I thought you were older than that :(
    In 1984, I had been married for 4 years and my son was not even a thought at
    that time. Oh and gee, I thought I was happy then, lmao!

    I never could get into Star Wars as I disliked the princess and luke,
    lol......the first ones that is. I liked Chewy and the robots and Obi Wan
    and yoda and other characters, but just not the 2 main ones.
    Hence, I haven't really gotten into the latest 3 either.
    I'll stick to star trek :)

    > In 1984 I was 12. My step-father took the whole family to see Star Wars,
    > my
    > brother and sister (2 and 4 years younger than me) and my mother - who
    > promptly sat down and went to sleep. She used to love a movie night. It
    > was
    > the only good rest she got.
    >
    > ;')
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM
    >

    > "Guardian Pegasus"
    > <Pope.Been-a-Dick.Adolf.Panzer.Rat.Nazinger.Torquemada.II@holysee.va>
    > wrote
    > in message news:dqfp91lilrrgju8iobaqp7thihcvau7b56@4ax.com...

    >> >I'm glad I've seen all the episodes, one of the best TV-shows ever
    >> >made.
    >>
    >> For real? I love Star Trek, but TOS is just... too retro now. I gew up
    >> with Star Wars (born 1980 saw the movies in 1984 LOL!).
    >>
    >> Maybe I'll download some episodes just to have a peek.

    That'll make up for the people at work telling me I look more like I'm in my
    early 20's than thirties. The subject came up because it's a new job, and
    they are trying to figure out which pay rate I fit into - so I think I'll
    take their claims with a grain of salt.

    Your's I will choose to believe mean I appear more mature than my years
    ROTFLMAO

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori - Rincewind, The Last Hero, Terry Pratchett
    translation "We who are about to die don't want to"

    MM

    > That'll make up for the people at work telling me I look more like I'm in
    > my
    > early 20's than thirties. The subject came up because it's a new job, and
    > they are trying to figure out which pay rate I fit into - so I think I'll
    > take their claims with a grain of salt.
    >
    > Your's I will choose to believe mean I appear more mature than my years
    > ROTFLMAO

    Um, the title 'madame' means more mature to me :)........:-S

    Granny Grumpling wrote:
    > I thought that was 24 hours, actually.

    It is AKA 24 hours but it is actually called just '24'.

    > I think the terrestial viewers had the first episode only.

    The terrestrial viewers had the first two series, then sky wanted it as it
    is so popular and were willing to pay more.

    > LOL! I look him up on IMDB.com... under the trivia section:

    > London, England, UK
    >
    > WHAT!? lol and stranger still...
    >
    > Birth name
    > Kiefer William Frederick Dempsey George Rufus Sutherland
    >
    > That's crazy......... LOL

    More and anon.. Aha! Look at his maternal granddaddy:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Douglas

    That explains the Rufus, perhaps...
    Coo, an impressive granddaddy as well.

    Granny.