Upendra09

Distinguished
So Intel has Centrino and Centrino duo and Centrino 2, what are the differences between these, i know centrino 2 is the best but what makes them better?

and what does AMD have in the platform section? Vision? why did they make it so late?

I have to disagree here. Centrino was designed as a highly integrated system. It's not the patchwork mess that a pre-Centrino laptop is. To be fair though, I do admit the Intel's marketing campaign didn't hurt. :)

MiniPC

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
Hey,
I had seen a news about the new Intel Calpella Plattform. The people of notebookjournal.de had tested a Notebook with the Calpella Plattform.

They wrote the new quad processor are better than a old extreme quadcore.

Here they wrote: "Our review shows: Intels Core i7 Q820 (1,73 GHz) ranks next to the mobile Quadcore QX9300 (2,53 GHz) when it's about pure processing power."

Thats so crazy, I need one.
What do you think about this?

The news I found at: http://www.notebookjournal.de/news/m...ts-qx9300-1506

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006

Vision guarantees that you have an AMD processor and GPU. Also they rate the hardware that the laptop comes with.

Although I don't know what specific hardware is required:
- AMD Vision - most likely the lowest end IGP
- AMD Vision Premium - probably trhe IGP that could play blue-ray
- AMD Vision Ultimate - most likely their discrete vcard offerings

http://sites.amd.com/us/vision/compare-and-shop/Pages/vision-system.aspx

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006

Centrino: Processor, Chipset, Wireless LAN
Vision: Processor, Chipset, ATi Video

Centrino was aimed at the then starting wi-fi popularization.
Vision is aimed at HD video content and gaming, AMD could care less of the wi-fi adapter to use as most work already without a hitch.

AMD has nothing new for the mobile processor market, what they have is a Turion X2 which is the same with the old Athlon X2. They have a hard time competing in the desktop market so I really don't think they could come out with something big on the mobile.