error message

I keep getting this error message and then my computer
starts up again, only happens when the internet is being
used - anyone getting the same thing?

C:\windows\system32\sass.exestatuscode 1073741819
initiated by NTAuthority\system

what to do?
2 answers Last reply
More about error message

    "joan" <joan@jordanhoneyman.com> wrote:

    >I keep getting this error message and then my computer
    >starts up again, only happens when the internet is being
    >used - anyone getting the same thing?

    This is usually due to a virus/worm attack. Turning on the Windows
    Firewall should help to avoid the restart, then visit Windows Update
    to make sure that all critical patches are installed for the OS.
    "Description of the Windows XP Internet Connection Firewall"
    (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320855)

    --
    (tm)

    Please see:
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/sasser.mspx

    --
    Please reply in newsgroup.

    "joan" <joan@jordanhoneyman.com> wrote in message
    >I keep getting this error message and then my computer
    > starts up again, only happens when the internet is being
    > used - anyone getting the same thing?
    >
    > C:\windows\system32\sass.exestatuscode 1073741819
    > initiated by NTAuthority\system
    >
    > what to do?

Configuration Microsoft Error Message Windows XP