/ Sign-up
Your question

Need help with my graphics card :(

  • Graphics Cards
  • Computer
  • Geforce
  • Graphics
  • Product
Last response: in Graphics Cards
July 11, 2009 12:40:17 AM

I very recently bought the EVGA Geforce GTX 275 Graphics card, but to give it power, i have to plug some cords that come with it into the graphics card, and then into the computer's "power source" there is nothing inside of my computer i can plug these up to, do i have to buy something else for it or something? please help!

More about : graphics card

a c 128 U Graphics card
July 11, 2009 12:58:00 AM

Sounds like you need a 4 pin molex "Y" connector. Female X male/male...... maybe 2 of them... ??
July 11, 2009 1:02:14 AM

ok, umm any idea on where to get one of these?
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
July 11, 2009 2:51:10 AM

I hate adapters for this kind of thing. You bought a top of the line graphics card. Buy a top of the line PSU.

Pull out the PSU manual and ensure that the adapters you pull are split across rails (assuming you have more than one). It is easy to starve a card (or other things) for power if you don't connect these things correctly.
July 11, 2009 4:58:54 PM

Can you tell us your PSU specs (brand, model, 12v wattage if available)?