How to extend Partionions that are not in order?

turddrive

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
I seem to have an un-organised mess of partitions on my computer and i've started to clean it up,

One Problem though,

As i am Moving Everything of My C: partition (Vista) onto my E: partition (Win7) I have Ran out of space on the E: partition,

So i need to extend the E: partition.

I have about 200GB of Unallocated Space which i would like to use, But sadly the Expand button is not click-able.

I found out the reason for this is that, Your partitions need to be in order and alas mine are not,

Mine are in the order of,

C:------ Unallocated------------E:

I basically want all the Unallocated to Go to E:

Thanks to any help :D

Patience, young padawan.

Most partition utilities will handle this nicely. You can get a copy of EASEUS partition manager for free that will do what you want.

As a matter of fact, some more recent versions of Windows will do it for you in the Disk Management screen. Take a peek at that, right-click on your E: partition, and see if it offers an option to extend it.

WARNING: This procedure carries a slight risk of corrupting your partition table and making all data unusable and, possibly, unrecoverable. Use at your own risk. Make a backup first. Your mileage may vary. I've never had a failure doing it, and I've never done it without a backup unless I was playing with a new system.

TRENDING THREADS