Rebate restrictions

Last response: in Home Theatre
February 17, 2005 5:08:26 PM

I am not sure if I am reading the rebate terms correctly.

The eBay listings for Series2 TiVos state that the original receipt is
included, which can be submitted to TiVo for a $100 rebate.

The Feb. rebate terms, from the Tivo web site, include the following:

"(4) Valid only for new, or certified factory renewed, TiVo Series2 Digital
Video Recorders purchased from a retailer or through our website
(www.tivo.com). Not valid for pre-owned, second party, demo, or display
DVRs."

This seems to imply that the eBay rebate claims are bogus.

Am I correct?

- David

More about : rebate restrictions

February 18, 2005 12:42:55 AM

"David D." <daviddiamond.remove-if-not-spam@comcast.net> wrote in message
>I am not sure if I am reading the rebate terms correctly.
>
> The eBay listings for Series2 TiVos state that the original receipt is
> included, which can be submitted to TiVo for a $100 rebate.

You say that is if it is ebay that sells them rather than individuals
selling them on ebay.

> The Feb. rebate terms, from the Tivo web site, include the following:
>
> "(4) Valid only for new, or certified factory renewed, TiVo Series2
> Digital
> Video Recorders purchased from a retailer or through our website
> (www.tivo.com). Not valid for pre-owned, second party, demo, or display
> DVRs."

If you say so.

> This seems to imply that the eBay rebate claims are bogus.

Only if the Tivos are actually used. if they are actually used you should
be able to easily get one for a price similar or even less than the retail
price after rebate

> Am I correct?

Well, the primary rule when buying on ebay is caveat emptor.
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 6:22:28 AM

"David D." <daviddiamond.remove-if-not-spam@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I am not sure if I am reading the rebate terms correctly.
>
> The eBay listings for Series2 TiVos state that the original receipt is
> included, which can be submitted to TiVo for a $100 rebate.
>
> The Feb. rebate terms, from the Tivo web site, include the following:
>
> "(4) Valid only for new, or certified factory renewed, TiVo Series2
Digital
> Video Recorders purchased from a retailer or through our website
> (www.tivo.com). Not valid for pre-owned, second party, demo, or display
> DVRs."
>
> This seems to imply that the eBay rebate claims are bogus.
>
> Am I correct?
>
> - David
yes.
!