Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 not installing at all

Last response: in Windows 7
September 26, 2011 6:02:21 AM

i have 3 partitions one for the operating system, music and movies and games. my third partition recently turned to RAW so i tried several programs to fix it but nothing happen so i formatted it during the windows 7 boot install then i tried installing windows but it stops half way it says windows files are missing then the last sentence saying error 0x80008179 i tried atleast 10 times but still the same thing so i tried it on a different computer i installed windows on my laptop with a different harddrive and it worked so i put the harddrive back in my pc and it started to then blue screen of death appeared then i to decided to reinstall windows again same thing
I tried it on three different hdd so if you know whats wrong please tell me thanks

More about : windows installing

a c 353 $ Windows 7
September 26, 2011 2:25:02 PM

This is a duplicate post but you added something here, you installed Windows 7 on a drive then moved that drive to your PC? That will not work. Get a new hard-drive, and install Windows 7 on that, if your disk worked with another computer, it's either a hard-drive issue or a DVD drive issue. Seeing how your partition had an error I'm leaning towards a hard-drive issue.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 26, 2011 3:51:47 PM

I don't even understand what he's saying. It's one big run on sentence with no punctuation whatsoever. No periods, no comm'as, no capitols, I can't tell where one sentence ends and the next begins.

Incorrect memory voltage would cause blue screens and windows to fail install.

m
l
Related resources
September 26, 2011 4:07:27 PM

Jezza123 said:
i have 3 partitions one for the operating system, music and movies and games. my third partition recently turned to RAW so i tried several programs to fix it but nothing happen so i formatted it during the windows 7 boot install then i tried installing windows but it stops half way it says windows files are missing then the last sentence saying error 0x80008179 i tried atleast 10 times but still the same thing so i tried it on a different computer i installed windows on my laptop with a different harddrive and it worked so i put the harddrive back in my pc and it started to then blue screen of death appeared then i to decided to reinstall windows again same thing
I tried it on three different hdd so if you know whats wrong please tell me thanks

I had a somewhat similar problem many years ago with a clean install of XP. It would get partway through and give an error message. I got different error messages sometimes. Microsoft tech support told me I might have a bad Win install disk. They said a few disks have a physical defect somewhere that corrupts a bit of file so the whole installation fails. The real reason for my problem turned out to be a bad RAM module, doing flakey things. Try different RAM, or if you have more than one RAM module, install with just one and if that doesn't work try the other module.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
September 26, 2011 4:51:10 PM

The problem probably wasn't a bad ram module, but more likely and incorrectly set up ram module. I see it at least once a week, windows won't install because someone has 2v memory, and the motherboard defaults to 1.8v.
This will cause failed installs, stop errors, bsod's, all kinds of crazy things.

Last week I had a girl who's backups kept failing. It kept giving a error reading memory. I checked memory voltage, sure enough, she had 2v memory running at 1.8v. I changed it, rebooted and bam, backup worked perfectly first try.
m
l
!