Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Hope AMD can keep up

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Health
  • Fan
  • AMD
Last response: in CPUs
Share
September 23, 2009 4:48:16 PM

yeah, its like amd lose the ground here.there must come something new,hopefully is not a good for business health only one control the world we talking about free world here in not the AMD fan or customer but to me is not a good view to see. :non: 

More about : hope amd

September 23, 2009 10:07:03 PM

????????????????????????????????
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 23, 2009 10:16:59 PM

:heink: 

what are you talking about? Your making no sense. this is what im feeling like when im trying to read it... :pt1cable: 
Score
0
Related resources
September 24, 2009 12:16:00 AM

what im say is some people like to see the intel monopoly the cPU market segment.what will happens if no competitor ?
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 12:25:36 AM

mezal1981 said:
what im say is some people like to see the intel monopoly the cPU market segment.what will happens if no competitor ?


Ah know that make sense. Now what will happen, no body knows. Cpu's could be costing sky high or could stay the same. no body knows.
Score
0
September 24, 2009 12:33:47 AM

mezal1981 said:
yeah, its like amd lose the ground here.there must come something new,hopefully is not a good for business health only one control the world we talking about free world here in not the AMD fan or customer but to me is not a good view to see. :non: 



New thread substance fail.


Nothing but pure flamebait.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 12:35:33 AM

It's not exactly much different from the daily 'AMD are doomed' thread that is so popular on THG though is it?

Oh wait, you started half of those TC. :D 
Score
0
September 24, 2009 12:40:34 AM

yeah lot people out there dont know the effect, it like waiting a vampire to suck your blood dry :lol:  ...hahahha...to keep that AMD must come something new a.s.a.p... right.god safe us all. :D 
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 1:03:08 AM

In truth, I look upon most of these threads as somewhat desperate attempts by intel fans.

2 years ago? Maybe there was a real threat of AMD imploding. Today, it's probably further away than it ever was. AMD has benefactors that cannot afford it to happen.

At the very worst, AMD will be reduced to pure technology creation, ie a research and development department of a much larger conglomerate. Come to think of it, that doesn't sound too bad, especially when you consider the alternative 'sponsors of tomorrow'.
Score
0
September 24, 2009 1:38:28 AM

jennyh said:
It's not exactly much different from the daily 'AMD are doomed' thread that is so popular on THG though is it?

Oh wait, you started half of those TC. :D 



List the threads I started that were blatant AMD slams with no factual basis and outside news links. The answer is, you can't (with only one exception from 4/2/2007, a dark day in TC thread creation).




Jenny, the last thread I started was about a new AMD product coming out. I had some critical things to say, but also some good things to say, noting that Intel doesn't seem very appealing below the $200 mark.



Jenny, you tend to... um.... lie a lot?


Most of my threads (although not all) typically include a news article or review and quotations from the article or review along with commentary. I can only once recall creating a thread that I look back on as a mistake, and that was a looong time ago on 4/2/2007.



You claim I start "half" of the negative AMD threads when I have only created 33 threads since I first registered on 2/22/2006. 33 threads in 43 months. My earlier threads may not have been as good as my more recent threads. However, I'm rather proud of some of the attention catching names:

"AMD: Smoke and Mirrors?"
"AMD Issues "Stop Ship" Order for Opterons; TLB Errata Cripples K10"
"Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Phenom Fire - 140 Watts?" (<-- My personal favorite, it was Christmas time)
"AMD Drops QuadFX Like a Bad Habit"
"AMD Stock Plummets 25% in Response to K10 Release - Investors Scared"

My most 'critical' threads all have conclusion backed up with outside sources. This is different than your approach Jenny. While you don't create threads, you often post in them making wild, unverified claims, and even sometimes repeat claims that have already been proven to be false by other posters.

Jenny, you're nothing more than a FUD troll.


Of course, I'm sure you'll call me an Intel fanboy that has already, several times, recommended AMD products to people asking for advice in this forum this week alone.


JennyH = Lies
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 2:01:41 AM

TC = The guy who pretends he 'cares' about AMD, while slamming them at every opportunity, never being far away from his bumchum fazers and currently owning an intel cpu and nvidia gpu.

Why dont you link your 33 threads so we can see how many of them were pro and how many were anti-amd? Let's see how much you care or how much you are a total fraud.
Score
0
September 24, 2009 2:13:02 AM

jennyh said:
TC = The guy who pretends he 'cares' about AMD, while slamming them at every opportunity, never being far away from his bumchum fazers and currently owning an intel cpu and nvidia gpu.

Why dont you link your 33 threads so we can see how many of them were pro and how many were anti-amd? Let's see how much you care or how much you are a total fraud.


JennyH, no matter how much I 'care' about AMD and want healthy competition, PRETENDING that AMD is healthy competition won't make it ACTUAL healthy competition.

The one thing I have on my side is that I try to be truthful and honest. If I slam AMD, it is usually backed up by facts. Yes, the majority of my 33 threads are about NEWS ARTICLES that have negative news about AMD.

Yes, I own a Q8200 and an nVidia GPU. That doesn't take away from the Athlon XP 2800+ (Barton) I had, the Athlon 64 3200 I had, nor the Opteron 175 (S939) that I had. Solid YEARS of choosing AMD, back when they were the better choice with the better product.

As for the GPUs, AMD's new 5800's will simply be superior if priced reasonably (which they most likely will do). The early DX11 support alone puts it above others.


I don't have an issue recommending AMD products when they're the right answer. I also don't take issue with pointing at the failing tactics of a failing company that time and time again fails to execute. The financial statements alone tell the story.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 2:17:50 AM

And all the stuff about intel being crooked is paranoia right? How many times have you insinuated that TC, and to how many different people? If I had to look throught your last 100 posts, how many of them would be mocking people who had brought up the FACT that intel have been found guilty in multiple world courts of law?

http://www.classadvocate.com/?direct=y&category=defenda...

Do your best to explain that away, after that we'll be able to decide for sure how much you 'care'. You are a goddamm fraud TC and you won't charm your way out of this one sunshine.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 2:26:28 AM

jennyh said:
It's not exactly much different from the daily 'AMD are doomed' thread that is so popular on THG though is it?

Oh wait, you started half of those TC. :D 


First of all that is my thread

second of all good job starting another flame war, it seems everywhere i go, for a good discussion about AMD vs Intel, based on price/perf, arch, and overall reliability you have to come and ruin the whole mood and direction.

i see you constantly throwing personal blows at TC and Fazers, and then going so far ahead that you try to stalk them too. Seriously get a life, the Forums aren't everything, neither is AMD

Just put in valuable info about AMD and don't get mad just because someone got some random info about AMD wrong, just correct them and that way you get to be seeen as a nicer more reliable person and AMD gets the credit they deserve plus some extra popularity.

Popularity is something AMD needs, i mean seriously, i only saw 1 AMD desktop/laptop out of three at best buy, the ratio of Intels to amd was 3 to 1, 3:1, and most people prob look at AMD and say, "wow that computer must be crap, it doesn't have the blue sticker that says Intel on it, let's get the more expensive laptop it looks better with that blue sticker."

back to topic

AMD will not die, it will take a few months to a couple years for them to get back on their feet and throw another Athlon 64 at Intel and severely injure them
Score
0
September 24, 2009 2:28:26 AM

jennyh said:
And all the stuff about intel being crooked is paranoia right? How many times have you insinuated that TC


Do you have any links, quotes, or actual examples of me doing this?


Intel isn't squeaky clean, and neither is AMD. They're both greedy, money-grubbing companies. That's called capitalism. If Intel broke any laws they should be punished.

Just as I may brush off over the top accusations as "tin-foil hat" scenarios, you also take any ACCUSATION as gospel truth of wrongdoing.


Just remember, that not all of this anti-trust stuff always makes sense. For example, do consumers win or gain anything when Microsoft has to spend tons of extra resources to produce a version of its operating systems that lack a web browser? Not only does the ruling cause Microsoft to have to spend money to make more versions of its OS, but it also forces consumers in the EU to buy an OS that's missing something that the rest of the world enjoys out of the box.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 3:50:14 AM

Meh, I think AMD will survive. They're in better standing now than they were back when the Phenom I came out. At least they have a competitive product.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 4:29:55 AM

Wow.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 10:48:11 AM

AMD and Intel with both fall as the VIA empire cements its stranglehold over the entire CPU market.
Score
0
September 24, 2009 11:20:40 AM

randomizer said:
AMD and Intel with both fall as the VIA empire cements its stranglehold over the entire CPU market.


Word.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
September 24, 2009 11:52:16 AM

Or Via is found strangled and encased in a cement block. ;) 
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 12:31:08 PM

Upendra09 said:
First of all that is my thread

second of all good job starting another flame war, it seems everywhere i go, for a good discussion about AMD vs Intel, based on price/perf, arch, and overall reliability you have to come and ruin the whole mood and direction.

i see you constantly throwing personal blows at TC and Fazers, and then going so far ahead that you try to stalk them too. Seriously get a life, the Forums aren't everything, neither is AMD

Just put in valuable info about AMD and don't get mad just because someone got some random info about AMD wrong, just correct them and that way you get to be seeen as a nicer more reliable person and AMD gets the credit they deserve plus some extra popularity.

Popularity is something AMD needs, i mean seriously, i only saw 1 AMD desktop/laptop out of three at best buy, the ratio of Intels to amd was 3 to 1, 3:1, and most people prob look at AMD and say, "wow that computer must be crap, it doesn't have the blue sticker that says Intel on it, let's get the more expensive laptop it looks better with that blue sticker."

back to topic

AMD will not die, it will take a few months to a couple years for them to get back on their feet and throw another Athlon 64 at Intel and severely injure them


You are clearly just gonna end up another failzers or TC. You go for good discussion on AMD vs intel? There is no good discussion here, it's just retarded intel fanboys writing the same garbage in thread after thread.

Stalking people and throwing personal blows? TC just called me a liar, and he's the biggest goddam liar on this forum. At least the others don't hide what they are, but TC does.
Score
0
September 24, 2009 12:39:19 PM

jennyh said:
Stalking people and throwing personal blows? TC just called me a liar, and he's the biggest goddam liar on this forum. At least the others don't hide what they are, but TC does.


I'm a liar? Please elaborate. I've been nothing but truthful, including about my past posting history.

Quote me, directly, with a LINK to what I said, and then link to something that proves what I said to be false.

JennyH, on several occasions people have called you out on claims that are not consistent with what external sources say. You flat out made up a fake quote and put words in Fazers' mouth, and I called you out on it.

If I have ever said something that wasn't true I would like to know, as it would bother me to do so.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 12:43:37 PM

Oh boi, here we go again
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 12:46:07 PM

Come on guys, I don't want to have to lock a thread on page 1. This is not going to go anywhere different to every other thread.

And yes fazers, we know about AMD's last quarter results.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 12:49:07 PM

I know! We can solve this problem by getting TC and JennyH forum married!

(Don't kill me, please)
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 12:50:39 PM

You lie every time you post another 'amd doom and gloom' thread. Nobody who actually cared about AMD or competition would go to the lengths you do to point out every flaw you can, while doing *nothing* to point out the good stuff.

On top of that, you accuse anyone who blames AMD's woes on intel - which is now 100% complete FACT in every non-american continent - of being paranoid? Like you know better than the hundreds of lawyers and officials who had to dig through millions of pages of text to get to the truth?

You pretend you care about AMD and competition and yet you fail to use the single most important means of levelling that competition, which is appealing to the conscience of every right thinking individual to *do what is right*.

And you call me a liar? What I do I do out of the sense that it is *right*. Does it annoy you that I simply won't stop like the others did? How many others have you and failzers and others managed to get rid off from THG so far with your ganging up against?

You won't get rid of me, because the 'lies' you accuse me of are actually deep seated feelings of doing what is right. The truth is, intel destroyed AMD through crooked behaviour and anyone who doesn't accept that is a liar to themselves.
Score
0
September 24, 2009 12:51:21 PM

amdfangirl said:
I know! We can solve this problem by getting TC and JennyH forum married!

(Don't kill me, please)


LOL

I, TC, take JennyH, to be my lawfully wedded forum wife.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 12:52:33 PM

And you can lock this one too Random :p 


Sooner or later one is gonna have to be left open, because none of us are gonna budge on our positions.
Score
0
September 24, 2009 12:54:23 PM

jennyh said:
You lie every time you post another 'amd doom and gloom' thread. Nobody who actually cared about AMD or competition would go to the lengths you do to point out every flaw you can, while doing *nothing* to point out the good stuff.


Once again, please point out where I lied. Simply saying that I'm a liar doesn't make me one. For example, my most recent thread is about the Phenom X4 975 BE. Point out where I lied about it? I only made one peice of unverified speculation, and I labeled it as such within the thread.

Simply put, you'd rather throw rocks and make accusations because you can't prove your statement saying that I lie.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 12:55:44 PM

Religious arguments are too wacky even for me. :D 
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 12:59:34 PM

TechnologyCoordinator said:
Once again, please point out where I lied. Simply saying that I'm a liar doesn't make me one. For example, my most recent thread is about the Phenom X4 975 BE. Point out where I lied about it? I only made one peice of unverified speculation, and I labeled it as such within the thread.

Simply put, you'd rather throw rocks and make accusations because you can't prove your statement saying that I lie.


Like I said, the point is that you make these threads and pretend that you do it because you care about AMD. You don't, you are clearly an intel fanboy who tries to hide it. Nobody who cared about AMD, or was an AMD supporter, would relish creating so many 'bad news' threads like you do. I think it's pretty obvious why I know this? It's because I clearly *do* care about AMD and I am an AMD supporter.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 1:00:23 PM

Time for a sig update.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 1:01:05 PM

Oh btw, you called me a liar first I believe?

The proof of that is?
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 1:04:42 PM

Anyone who actually believes I'm lying and not just fanatical is definitely getting the wrong impression of me.

I am a clear fanatic, not so much about AMD, but about justice. The one thing that galls me is injustice, and every time I see another one of these bullshit threads my injustice alarm bells start ringing.

As if it wasn't bad enough what intel did to AMD, for people who should know better to then say it is just paranoia, or maybe it's all a european conspiracy vs intel?

That's just continuing the injustice. Intel is guilty, as sin.
Score
0
September 24, 2009 1:07:20 PM

randomizer said:
Time for a sig update.



Yarrrgh! LOL.

I'm exiting out of this one and I'm going to let things cool off. I don't want to run into forum-maritial issues.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
September 24, 2009 1:12:35 PM

jennyh said:
I am a clear fanatic

**Files under "Things you wish you'd never said", swigs on beer** [:mousemonkey]
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 1:14:08 PM

I'm considering sigging that as well, aren't out-of-context quotes great? This thread is a gold mine.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 1:15:00 PM

Hehe, idm tbh. I don't see anything wrong with being a fanatic about something, so long as there is a good reason. :D 
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 1:22:00 PM

Well in that case...

Ok fazers, your turn.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
a b À AMD
September 24, 2009 1:44:59 PM

jennyh said:
Hehe, idm tbh. I don't see anything wrong with being a fanatic about something, so long as there is a good reason. :D 

But they are just corporations, bods in suits who are only interested in lining their own pockets for as long as possible, I love my nV cards to the point I've been called a fanboi but I still enjoy sticking the boot in when they're down because I might get cheaper cards out of it. Now if AMD can put an interesting 6 core CPU forward that is significantly better than the Q9550 and yet be significantly cheaper than the Inhell part, clock speed, IPC, TDP all of that do not have to be better than the blue camps 6 core, just better than the Q9550 that I currently have, then I would switch back, I still won't forgive them for the whole 939 thing but I'm British and I still haven't forgiven the Normans for that whole Hastings 'incident', what chance do AMD have?
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 5:29:33 PM

Quote:
Nobody who actually cared about AMD or competition would go to the lengths you do to point out every flaw you can, while doing *nothing* to point out the good stuff.
.


Thats the idea. NOBODY gives a crap about AMD. NOBODY gives a crap about Intel. Except for the stockholders in both companies. The people that do care are insane stupid illogical fanboys. Like yourself. PERIOD.

Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 5:47:06 PM

You care so little you had to drag this thread up again? This is something you seem to do an awful lot of someguy. Why don't you practice what you preach?
Score
0
September 24, 2009 5:56:26 PM

Steering clear of this thread......
Score
0
September 24, 2009 6:07:08 PM

jennyh said:
You care so little you had to drag this thread up again?


Drag up?.... it was still on the top half of the first page...
Score
0
September 24, 2009 7:03:18 PM

I'm sorry, but I really can't stand this level of FUD anymore.


jennyh said:
Oh btw, you called me a liar first I believe?

The proof of that is?


Ready?

That P4 at 8ghz btw, almost nothing is known about it. There have been multiple increases on the record from Phenom II, a real quad core capable of 7ghz while intels best barely reaches 6ghz. said:
That P4 at 8ghz btw, almost nothing is known about it. There have been multiple increases on the record from Phenom II, a real quad core capable of 7ghz while intels best barely reaches 6ghz.


Actually, the P4s hitting 8Ghz are well documented.
http://hwbot.org/hallOfFame.do?type=result&applicationI...

There are two reasons why Nehalem couldn't hit such high clocks.
1. complexity of archiecture
2. type of transistors used


Next,
What intel have is a better process for creating silicon, but AMD have a better architecture. Get your facts straight before talking about 'better technology'. said:
What intel have is a better process for creating silicon, but AMD have a better architecture. Get your facts straight before talking about 'better technology'.


In fact Intel has much better technology than AMD, and that Intel's Core microarchitecture is also better than AMD's K8 architecture, which Nehalem and Phenom II are based upon. This is the reason why Intel's Nehalem can consistently outperforms AMD's Opteron on CPU intensive workloads.

http://it.anandtech.com/IT/showdoc.aspx?i=3536&p=13

This is all not to mention that HPC market was previously dominated by AMD, by miles.


Coming up,
Yes, it could barely be more obvious that AMD have by far and away the smartest engineers. said:
Yes, it could barely be more obvious that AMD have by far and away the smartest engineers.


That is a straight up FUD. I've been told by many Intel engineers about how AMD engineers made some odd design decision. Some of them are:

1. Going native quad with K10 at 65nm. That resulted in enormous die, horrible yield rate (<30%), high cost, high heat generation, and low margin.
2. The design of L3 in the first Phenom caused electronic interference with the execution engine.

One of the reason why AMD can keep up with Intel is because AMD's lineups are much more focused than Intel's. Intel has four major different designs on its CPU alone: Itanium, Core 2s, Nehalem, and Atoms. In the AMD's case, there are only two: K10 / K8, and Geode. Another reason would be that Intel wants to let AMD live, so it won't get slapped with a big "monopoly" tag.


Then,
If AMD had even half the money intel did, we'd all be using microchips in cyborg-like fashion already. Intels engineers are just so bad they are retarding progress, but AMD will put paid to them eventually. said:
If AMD had even half the money intel did, we'd all be using microchips in cyborg-like fashion already. Intels engineers are just so bad they are retarding progress, but AMD will put paid to them eventually.


Everyone knows that's a sensational comment. Like I pointed out earlier, when AMD has the top of the game, they efficiently used the money to poke at Intel, with the stupid "muti-core for dummies" books, and whatnots. K8 was first launched in 2003, and their next generation, K10, wasn't even out until 2007. On the other hand, Intel released new architecture on a two year basis. What was AMD doing during those four years?



Those are just some of the quotes from half of a thread. Half of a single thread. Tell me again that you're not lying.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 9:28:54 PM

Ok wait, only one of those could actually be called a 'lie' and it was in fact a mistake I made by reading on another website that the 8ghz Celeron was a one-off and possibly a fluke/bug. You will notice that I said 'THAT P4', clearly I was under the impression that this WAS a one-off. Lying? Be very careful when you accuse others of that, especially when a bit of logical thinking proves that it was a mistake and not a lie.

The rest is pure opinion and sensationalism if you want to call it that. Lies, no. I have a particular bee in my bonnet over liars.

http://www.classadvocate.com/?direct=y&category=defenda...[]=14103

Haven't seen you explain that yet. Let's see how you fare. Or will it be like the other times instead? Better to just ignore it, that way you don't have to lie to yourself and everyone else.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 9:31:34 PM

yomamafor1 said:
Steering clear of this thread......


Amazing, you 'lied' in the very post before your half-page rant. Sheesh!
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 10:00:47 PM

yomamafor1 said:
I'm sorry, but I really can't stand this level of FUD anymore.




Ready?



Actually, the P4s hitting 8Ghz are well documented.
http://hwbot.org/hallOfFame.do?type=result&applicationI...

There are two reasons why Nehalem couldn't hit such high clocks.
1. complexity of archiecture
2. type of transistors used


Next,


In fact Intel has much better technology than AMD, and that Intel's Core microarchitecture is also better than AMD's K8 architecture, which Nehalem and Phenom II are based upon. This is the reason why Intel's Nehalem can consistently outperforms AMD's Opteron on CPU intensive workloads.

http://it.anandtech.com/IT/showdoc.aspx?i=3536&p=13

This is all not to mention that HPC market was previously dominated by AMD, by miles.


Coming up,


That is a straight up FUD. I've been told by many Intel engineers about how AMD engineers made some odd design decision. Some of them are:

1. Going native quad with K10 at 65nm. That resulted in enormous die, horrible yield rate (<30%), high cost, high heat generation, and low margin.
2. The design of L3 in the first Phenom caused electronic interference with the execution engine.

One of the reason why AMD can keep up with Intel is because AMD's lineups are much more focused than Intel's. Intel has four major different designs on its CPU alone: Itanium, Core 2s, Nehalem, and Atoms. In the AMD's case, there are only two: K10 / K8, and Geode. Another reason would be that Intel wants to let AMD live, so it won't get slapped with a big "monopoly" tag.


Then,


Everyone knows that's a sensational comment. Like I pointed out earlier, when AMD has the top of the game, they efficiently used the money to poke at Intel, with the stupid "muti-core for dummies" books, and whatnots. K8 was first launched in 2003, and their next generation, K10, wasn't even out until 2007. On the other hand, Intel released new architecture on a two year basis. What was AMD doing during those four years?



Those are just some of the quotes from half of a thread. Half of a single thread. Tell me again that you're not lying.



As I have said before Yoma shes a Thundy in disguise... Imagine a AMDfangirl on a blind date... er maybe not..
Going to the pictures where theres a AMD pc on the reception.

Both of you need a hug, some hot chocolate, some oreos and a teddy bear called Bernard.
Score
0
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 10:03:53 PM

jennyh said:
Amazing, you 'lied' in the very post before your half-page rant. Sheesh!



Thats before his temptation became to great..

Its like a fat woman working in a donut factory being told that she needs to go on a diet and avoid donuts..

No one could stop rising to what your saying JennyH


at the end of the day the way things are going AMD wont be round for much longer anyway.. unless a miracle happends which means that AMD hasnt actually been licking the real fairy dust of late.
Score
0
      • 1 / 2
      • 2
      • Newest
!