Need help asap!!!!

mariusdp

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2011
ah crap, sorry man! My external hd just went crc (cyclic..... ) Help, all my stuffg s on there. Check disk for errors, not working, please guys, i need help big time over here. Thanx. oyes, I don't understand pc talk, especially if I must type in my own "path" in cmd. thanx

It's almost certain the drive is dead, but you can rule out any other issues if you do a disk scan. Your BIOS may have a utility for that, and HD Tune has a Health and Error scan if you install your drive as a seconadary in another system. Or use the ultimate boot CD http://ultimatebootcd.com/, that has drive test utilities.

To try to fix or check anything, you need to work with "PC Talk", no way around it.

For drives and data, you need to handle them like it will fail at some point, sometimes people learn that after they lose data, sometimes before. If the drive has errors and it can't be read at any computer you try, or with an external enclosure, data recovery is the last option, but that starts at several hundred dollars and goes up to several thousand.