Sign in with
Your question

Not sure where to put this thread. Cable management advice?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Management
  • Cable
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
June 20, 2009 2:26:34 PM

I have a question that hopefully yields a really quick answer, so I do not have to bother you guys too long. My system is all set up, the OS is installed, all the drivers are updated, and so on. However, I am VERY displeased with the cable management. Can I shut down the power, and unplug all power connections, in order to clean up my cables, or should I leave it alone since it is already up and running. In other words, will doing this damage any components. If anyone is curious, I will post pictures later once I am all done. (It is my VERY FIRST build haha)

More about : put thread cable management advice

June 20, 2009 2:43:49 PM

If you are comfortable in during so, than there should be no issue. Good cable management helps with better air flow + makes the case show better. Look forward to seeing pics when you are done
June 20, 2009 4:38:34 PM

tecmo34 said:
If you are comfortable in during so, than there should be no issue. Good cable management helps with better air flow + makes the case show better. Look forward to seeing pics when you are done

What he said
Related resources
Anonymous
June 20, 2009 7:53:57 PM

heres a little thing I like to do. I group similar cables together. Thus, molex and sata are tied behind the hard drive cages. satas are UNTIED, but group together (since people tend to change those out often). internal usb, spdif, firewire, and audio cables are tied together, and I tie the cables along the edges of the case. Get plenty of cable ties and don't be afraid to experiment. Embarrassingly enough, I use fingernail clippers to cut off the cable ties at the end because you can apply a lot of force there and they get pretty close to the ends.
June 21, 2009 5:41:28 AM

Hey another question guys. I currently have two hard drives installed, and when I was loading Vista, it recognized that both were there. However, I can not find the second (A 74 GB 10000 RPM WD) under My Computer. Any advice?
June 21, 2009 6:03:16 AM

Go to your Control Panel - Admin Tools - Data Mgmt - Disk Mgmt and check the 2nd disk there. It may just need to be formated 1st before you can see it.
June 21, 2009 6:07:02 AM

Okay, problem solved. Thank you. The pictures will be up in a while, work, family, working out, and other things kind of take priority.
June 28, 2009 10:30:52 PM

Sorry about not putting pictures up guys. I am getting around to it. I have not even dealt with the cables yet due to the lack of time.
June 28, 2009 10:56:56 PM

Glad to hear back from you! Just keep us posted. Look forward to seeing the pics when you get the chance.
!