Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Overclocking Guides

Last response: in Overclocking
June 15, 2011 7:06:45 PM

Hello,
My time is always very precious and I was hoping users could link me to O.C. guides for my hardware especially my CPU and MoBo. I need a lot of help OC my board as the built in features seem to make it to unstable. I know their old hardware but please help me thank you.
Thanks

bhtechmech
Intel Q9550 @ 2.83
Asus Stkriker II Extreme
EVGA 460 1GB
8 GB RAM Kingston Hyper X
Corsair HT 750wt PSU

More about : overclocking guides

Best solution

a c 225 K Overclocking
June 20, 2011 4:03:35 PM

You may want to PM ArthurH, one of our moderators he has the Q9550 and ASUS Striker II Extreme motherboard, he is still using and overclocking his setup and is one that has actually managed to clock his setup to 4,250Mhz, impressive as I never got mine past 4,000mhz.

With mine I got a lot of help from Anandtechs Striker II Extreme review, there is an excellent in depth BIOS tuning section in the review, that was quite invaluable to me. It's one of the best motherboard reviews I've ever seen especially covering the BIOS as the Striker II Extreme is almost an engineering release regarding all the tweaking options at your disposal.

Guide here at THGF

I'm not running that platform anymore so I won't be much help past these suggestions. Ryan
June 27, 2011 11:16:50 PM

Best answer selected by bhtechmech.
m
l
June 27, 2011 11:19:59 PM

4Ryan6 said:
You may want to PM ArthurH, one of our moderators he has the Q9550 and ASUS Striker II Extreme motherboard, he is still using and overclocking his setup and is one that has actually managed to clock his setup to 4,250Mhz, impressive as I never got mine past 4,000mhz.

With mine I got a lot of help from Anandtechs Striker II Extreme review, there is an excellent in depth BIOS tuning section in the review, that was quite invaluable to me. It's one of the best motherboard reviews I've ever seen especially covering the BIOS as the Striker II Extreme is almost an engineering release regarding all the tweaking options at your disposal.

Guide here at THGF

I'm not running that platform anymore so I won't be much help past these suggestions. Ryan

THANK YOU!
I see you went ATI, I believe my next build will be that for price and reliability. My RAM I can never get overclocked at all and it is supposed to be able to run at 1600 regular. I tweaked voltage and increased latency, but nothing but blackness... Anyways your awesome I will be into this for a while since I have another 3 years of college, my last year loan money will be spent on a brand new PC. Thanks again!
m
l
!