I want to make a fan for my case...

anuk07

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
:eek: I want to attache an external fan to the side of my CPU case...my case is quiet big...
so i am planning to connect a little bigger motor which can blow huge air at enough speed in to the case.....

so can i connect a small table fan motor or some thing any one suggest......

:sarcastic: and one more thing should i keep blades inside my case or outside.........

i know its just ridiculous but its cheap and can keep my PC cool for the time i am playing games... :D

Solution
If you are into much moding you could make your own side panel, hack the fan, mount the motor on a x frame (in a nice box so none of the wires and buttons are just hanging there) on a piece of plate steel (or wood) of the size of your case's side panel with a hole the size of your blades, get some kind of grill in front of it (like mosquito netting).
If you don’t mind just remove the other panel so you'll have a good exhaust, it'll cost you about 20 dollars and you'll have the best ventilated case for the money, it might fail but you’ll have a nice project.

calinkula

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
I would recommend a computer fan over some regular fan as it's built for what you're trying to do. I used to have a rotating fan that put off enough magnetic interference that it would cause the display to change odd colors and cause all sorts of wackiness if it got set too close to the computer.

sap chicken

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2011
If you are into much moding you could make your own side panel, hack the fan, mount the motor on a x frame (in a nice box so none of the wires and buttons are just hanging there) on a piece of plate steel (or wood) of the size of your case's side panel with a hole the size of your blades, get some kind of grill in front of it (like mosquito netting).
If you don’t mind just remove the other panel so you'll have a good exhaust, it'll cost you about 20 dollars and you'll have the best ventilated case for the money, it might fail but you’ll have a nice project.

Solution