Squareroot

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Hello,
The last week my wired Logitech G500 mouse has started to freeze a few times every hour. Mostly it's like this: it freezes, then it says "ding-dong" and after a shot moment it says "dong-ding". A few times I have wait for so long that i simply just changed the USB port, to make it work.

Is it the mouse or the driver or the USB?
I already tried to update the driver for the mouse, but it didn't help. :(

Has it happened since you switched ports ?
How many USB devices are you running with ?
If a lot, could be exceeding power supply for USB hub.

goanddo

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
The same thing is happening to me.

I have 4 USB ports (2 are 2.0, 2 are 3.0) and my Logitech G5 mouse is in one of them. I have a Canon printer in the other but it still freezes if the printer is not plugged in. There is nothing in the USB 3.0 ports.

I just updated the mouse driver and the freeze with accompanying "ding-dong" happened again just moments after.

I have switched to different ports and it still happens. I'll do it again now just to make sure... yup, it does!

I have an Intel i7 with 8Gig RAM and a 1Gig Radeon dedicated graphics card. It is a laptop and I do have it plugged into a Dell monitor (am viewing both monitors) via HDMI. It happens as well if I'm plugged in using the VGA or whatever that 15-prong connector is called. Don't recall if it has happened when not using both monitors because I almost never do that, and when I do I usually use the touchpad.

Guess I'll try and see if happens when using the touchpad or only one monitor, but in the meantime if anyone has any ideas I'd be grateful!

goanddo

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2010
Just got off the Logitech forum and it looks like this could be a problem with a wire connection. Seems to be the common problem there. I submitted an inquiry and am waiting for a response on if they will replace the mouse or I have to get another (not sure if still under warranty).