Bios setup doesn't recognize any drives

nojob

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
Asus M4A79XTD EVO mobo
After DOA psu and video card, finally got to post but, the bios setup does not recognize any drives.
HD shows on startup screen but defaults to message:
reboot and select proper boot drive or insert boot media in selected boot drive and press key.
set to Boot from CD drive
Cannot load os.
Downloaded bios to pen drive but cannot use without os.
Suggestions would be appreciated.

Connect your keyboard and use the "del" key or whatever is shown at post; in the bios, change the boot order to cd>hardrive. Be sure the power supply leads are all connected to your drives. The drives should all be in the first section of the bios. If your keyboard plug is the wrong type (usb with usb keyboard disabled in the bios) then you'll have to change keyboards to access the bios and change the settings.

i doubt you had all those faulty components (PSU and Video card) - make sure you assembled your system correctly

perhaps you should look at all the guides on the forums for correct part selection and assembly etc and check google for help or take it to a reputable computer store for some help

nojob

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009
I thought that it was unusual also. I bought a psu tester and found no output. Bought a new psu. Installed it. System posted. Saw the video card short out on boot between the chip heat sink and the board. Replaced the video card and no problems except the current one.

nojob

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

Changed to serial keyboard/mouse as suggested.
#1 boot=cd
#2 hd
#3 removable device
No change

HD shows on startup screen but defaults to message:
reboot and select proper boot drive or insert boot media in selected boot drive and press key.
Primary master/slave not detected
Sata 1-6 not detected
ON chip sata channel enabled
sata port 1-4 AHCI
sata 5-6 ahci

ONBOARD DEVICES CONFIGURATION
hd audio enabled
Marvell ESATA enabled
onboard LAN enabled
Onboard boot lan disabled
onboard 1394 enabled
Serial port 1 address [3F8/IRQ4]

nojob

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2009

I got it working. thanks.I plugged in an USB floppy, rebooted, was able to load OS.
Problem solved.

TRENDING THREADS