Solved

Is this System Big Enough

Hi Guys

Want to know if the cooling system I have in mind will be strong enough for hat I want to do.

The System I'm looking at buying is as follows

Power: Thermal-take Tough X-T 875-W

Video Card: ATI Radeon 6850 x2

Processor: Intel Core I7 2600k

Case: Thermaltake Level 10 GT

MB: Ausus P8Z68-V Pro

Now the cooling system that I'm looking at getting for this system is also as follows

CPU Block: Koolance CPU-370 Nickel

Radiator: Hardware Labs black ice GT xtreme 240

Reservoir Pump: Koolance RP-1000B-K

Video Card: Koolance VID-A-R685

Now the products stated below have been selected because the Koolance selection wizard suggested them so that's what I think I'll be using

CHC-125-http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=663

MVR-40-http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=660

MVR-100-http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/product_info.php?product_id=736

Any Tubing size

Budget not a real problem
no reason for Koolance just what i've found so far
Do i need to cool all that stuff on the motherboard.
This is all about over clocking,
Noise is not a real problem either but the quiter the better

Thanks Guys :p
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about system enough
  1. dont overclock that system will be fast enough as it is.
  2. Best answer
    You posted these questions the last couple of days...and we gave you input.

To state once again...you don't need ANY OF THESE:
    Quote:

You will need more radiator (at least another one of the BIX 240's (which by the way will require high CFM/static pressure fans = loud+expensive in most cases)

Just curious if we didn't give you the info you needed or wanted other opinions or....?
  3. rubix_1011 said:
    You posted these questions the last couple of days...and we gave you input.

To state once again...you don't need ANY OF THESE:
    Quote:

You will need more radiator (at least another one of the BIX 240's (which by the way will require high CFM/static pressure fans = loud+expensive in most cases)

Just curious if we didn't give you the info you needed or wanted other opinions or....?

Yes and thankyou for your help so far. I reposted it because i realised it was in the wrong section.
    So i thought that people that know stuff water cooling would look in the water cooling system.
    Also i dindt realy get a difinitev answer if the pump was big enough to hack the job
  4. Quote:
    it's better to go with a stronger single gfx card at first then to limit yourself with starting in x-Fire...
    HD 6850 = NO, even if in x-Fire.
    single HD 6950 or GTX 560Ti / GTX 570 = YES, the SLI or x-Fire later on.
    hell, save and get the GTX 580 and then be done with it..

Fair enough but i wasn't really sure if i would need a card as big as a 6950
    So what i was thinking of doing is getting a 6850 to start with see if its enough and then get another one if i need it.
    So what would i be able to do with one 6950 and what can i do with a 6850.
    Can you crossfire a 6950 and a 6850 together.

Also one other question everyone. should i go with the intel i5 2500k or the i7 2600k
    Is there a big difference

Thanks everyone so far :hello:
  5. Either CPU is a great choice, so you might want to refer to benchmark comparisons and evaluate what you will be using it for.

As for the other thread, I understand...I thought I had moved it into the watercooling forum, but it seemed to have been moved back. I think those pumps would work, but just take care in your tubing and connections. Running a pump with too high of pressure is a good way to have a hose blow off a fitting inside your case.
  6. How much pressure in a system is normal and how can i tell if blocks will restrict flow to much

And can anyone backup what amd655 said.

No offence amd655 just want to be sure
  7. from OP;
    "Now the products stated below have been selected because the Koolance selection wizard suggested them.."..i think the wizard can help you with all your cooling needs
    good luck jet..lol
  8. well should i use watercooling or air cooling which is going to work better for overclocking my system as much as possible.

If air coolings the go then what should i use?
  9. Best answer selected by joelsjet.
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Overclocking