How much worse is an ATI 4350 vs NVIDIA 8800GT?

ticktock2

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
If I went from:

Intel Q6600
4 gb memory
NVIDIA 8800 GT

To:

Intel Q8200
6 gb memory
ATI 4350

Would I still be able to play most of the games that the former build can handle? I'm currently using the first build, and it's perfectly fine for my needs, but I want to know if the second will be frustratingly weak.

Thanks

A 4350 is not a gaming card, in any shape or form, it's a good HTPC card and handles 'work' graphics better than integrated but that is about its limit.

What is your monitor resoloution, which games do you play and what is the spec on your PSU? -amps on the +12v output, please.

It may be better for you to overclock the Q6600 and put a more powerful graphics card in your current build than build new or change the MB/CPU/RAM in you current system.

CPU: Same clockspeed, later gen, so very little (if any) performance gain
Memory: Going >4GB on a non i7 system has limited gains. Windows may seen snappier, but thats about it
GPU: Major downgrade

Performance "increase" = -50% (the GPU downgrade kills you)

ticktock2

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2009
Thanks for your replies guys.

I`m not a hardcore gamer by any means. The only game I really care about being able to play is EVE. Since it`s an MMO I feel like my memory/CPU are always being taxed far more than the GPU when I play it.

I can't keep the current build so I'm looking to buy a pre-built machine that can still play EVE :)

lyndonb18

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
i got his setup
intel q8300
6gb ddr2 ram
ati 4350

when i go on can you run it.com it comes up with 3.5gb of graphics memory.. this works well but i would suggest if ur gona play games make sure its cool