SOT: Pleasant Village

A couple of days ago I posted a link
http://rapidshare.de/files/2028697/Madame_Mim_s_Pleasant_Village.rar.html to
the Pleasantville replacement (ie N001) neighbourhood (for games with the
University addon) in the binaries group. I know it was downloaded by at
least one person, but the link is gone (the entire thread is gone) in my
viewer and I thought to myself - if I posted in here I might reach more
interested people and actually have a link for people to come back and tell
me what they thought. Not only do I need the affirmation BEG, but I also
need the feedback because I plain to make a Pleasant Village II where Bob
Newbie, etc are all

a. in Uni
b. adults about to start out in their own houses

what do you think?

Pleasant Village I
Pleasant Village is my conception of the ancestral Sims and their habitat.
Every adult Sim was created by me (where possible using genetic extraction
from Maxis ancestors stored in the shipped Pleasant View) as a single Sim
and introduced to their significant other in the game. The buildings were
created by me (sorry), and there should be absolutely no third party skins,
eyes, clothes, objects, etc.

All the Sims living there were created in that neighbourhood. They have not
been bought in as packages from other neighbourhoods. The first generation
is already in situ. The Sims in the Sims bin are Pollination Technician7 (an
original ancestor, impregnator of Nestor Caliente), and several other Sims
who do not belong to this generation (but the next).

I have also included in this rar a complete family tree pointing out the
shipped Maxis relationships in black (and one marriage in green so that it
is distinct as it crosses another relationship line, and my added
information in red (sibling relationships created by me and spousal maiden
names).

A final warning. Any pregnancies and children in the game now or later have
no guarantee of looking like the Sims in the shipped version ancestors as
they are created using the games random genetics.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM
10 answers Last reply
More about pleasant village

    I didn't see that link at all - I'll go and have a look now.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    > A couple of days ago I posted a link
    > http://rapidshare.de/files/2028697/Madame_Mim_s_Pleasant_Village.rar.html
    > the Pleasantville replacement (ie N001) neighbourhood (for games with the
    > University addon) in the binaries group. I know it was downloaded by at
    > least one person, but the link is gone (the entire thread is gone) in my
    > viewer and I thought to myself - if I posted in here I might reach more
    > interested people and actually have a link for people to come back and
    tell
    > me what they thought. Not only do I need the affirmation BEG, but I also
    > need the feedback because I plain to make a Pleasant Village II where Bob
    > Newbie, etc are all
    >
    > a. in Uni
    > b. adults about to start out in their own houses
    >
    > what do you think?
    >
    > Pleasant Village I
    > Pleasant Village is my conception of the ancestral Sims and their habitat.
    > Every adult Sim was created by me (where possible using genetic extraction
    > from Maxis ancestors stored in the shipped Pleasant View) as a single Sim
    > and introduced to their significant other in the game. The buildings were
    > created by me (sorry), and there should be absolutely no third party
    skins,
    > eyes, clothes, objects, etc.
    >
    > All the Sims living there were created in that neighbourhood. They have
    not
    > been bought in as packages from other neighbourhoods. The first generation
    > is already in situ. The Sims in the Sims bin are Pollination Technician7
    (an
    > original ancestor, impregnator of Nestor Caliente), and several other Sims
    > who do not belong to this generation (but the next).
    >
    > I have also included in this rar a complete family tree pointing out the
    > shipped Maxis relationships in black (and one marriage in green so that it
    > is distinct as it crosses another relationship line, and my added
    > information in red (sibling relationships created by me and spousal maiden
    > names).
    >
    > A final warning. Any pregnancies and children in the game now or later
    have
    > no guarantee of looking like the Sims in the shipped version ancestors as
    > they are created using the games random genetics.
    >
    > --
    > Morituri Nolumus Mori
    >
    > MM

    On Tue, 31 May 2005 07:38:46 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:

    >A couple of days ago I posted a link
    >http://rapidshare.de/files/2028697/Madame_Mim_s_Pleasant_Village.rar.html to
    >the Pleasantville replacement (ie N001) neighbourhood (for games with the
    >University addon) in the binaries group. I know it was downloaded by at
    >least one person, but the link is gone (the entire thread is gone) in my
    >viewer and I thought to myself - if I posted in here I might reach more
    >interested people and actually have a link for people to come back and tell
    >me what they thought. Not only do I need the affirmation BEG, but I also
    >need the feedback because I plain to make a Pleasant Village II where Bob
    >Newbie, etc are all

    I downloaded it, gave me a chance to see how other than Maxis creates
    neighbourhoods. So far I haven't had the time to play it much but at
    least it works.

    That's good to hear. Let me know what you think of it after you've had a
    chance to play. I tried to leave all sorts of interesting things in the
    gameplay, even if the neighbourhood itself looks like a field (at least from
    the selection screen).

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    "Strider" <aaaa@aaa.aa> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 31 May 2005 07:38:46 GMT, "Madame Mim"
    > <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote:
    >
    > >A couple of days ago I posted a link
    > >http://rapidshare.de/files/2028697/Madame_Mim_s_Pleasant_Village.rar.html
    > >the Pleasantville replacement (ie N001) neighbourhood (for games with the
    > >University addon) in the binaries group. I know it was downloaded by at
    > >least one person, but the link is gone (the entire thread is gone) in my
    > >viewer and I thought to myself - if I posted in here I might reach more
    > >interested people and actually have a link for people to come back and
    tell
    > >me what they thought. Not only do I need the affirmation BEG, but I also
    > >need the feedback because I plain to make a Pleasant Village II where Bob
    > >Newbie, etc are all
    >

    > I downloaded it, gave me a chance to see how other than Maxis creates
    > neighbourhoods. So far I haven't had the time to play it much but at
    > least it works.

    Eep - must warn people (I did in the last post but forgot here) a
    neighbourhood is a BIG thing. Even rarred it is almost 20Mb people with slow
    or temperamental connections should not even consider it - yes, Granny, I do
    mean you! ;')

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > Eep - must warn people (I did in the last post but forgot here) a
    > neighbourhood is a BIG thing. Even rarred it is almost 20Mb people with
    > slow
    > or temperamental connections should not even consider it - yes, Granny, I
    > do
    > mean you! ;')

    Sweetie pie, I didn;t even check it out I am afraid. I took one look at
    'neighbourhood' and thought 'ERK!'

    Actually, downloads have been pretty good recently. I went on a spree last
    night - yes me, the download grump - very attracted by all them new plants
    in the site mentioned elsewhere... Poor old Loki must feel like Tarzan,
    being as I used his living room to test them out.

    GG

    Plants?

    --
    Morituri Nolumus Mori

    MM

    > Plants?
    >
    > --
    Drat! I was afraid you would ask that. I no longer have the posts.And I
    honestly can't remember the name.
    The downloads start with a 4es and the site had a striped yellow garden
    umbrella.

    Do a group search for modern furniture... let me check my Firefox.. er, no
    history. 8(

    Granny.

    4EverSimfantasy - I shall go and look - thanks.

    Is it incredibly sad that I can recognise download creators by the way they
    name their files? ;')

    --

    > 4EverSimfantasy - I shall go and look - thanks.
    >
    > Is it incredibly sad that I can recognise download creators by the way
    > they
    > name their files? ;')

    Nope, it does show you must have a good memory, though. 8)))

    Good. You can be my Filofax.

    Granny.

    Please don't rely on my memory. Sometimes it brings up obscure things on the
    merest hint of a clue and sometimes I have to stop and think about something
    that should be simple. My mind has been let roam loose for too long. It goes
    such interesting places when I let it free that I just don't have the heart
    to try and curb and guide it.

    --

    > "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    > > 4EverSimfantasy - I shall go and look - thanks.
    > >
    > > Is it incredibly sad that I can recognise download creators by the way
    > > they
    > > name their files? ;')
    > >
    > Nope, it does show you must have a good memory, though. 8)))
    >
    > Good. You can be my Filofax.
    >
    > Granny.

Sims Internet Explorer Games Video Games