Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Asus p6x58d

Last response: in Motherboards
December 15, 2009 3:03:09 PM

Hey everyone,

I have a real quick questions. I recently had my mind set on buying the Asus p6t Mobo. Then Asus came out with their asus p6x58d. I was trying some of the specs on the board and noticed that it did not have e-SATA port on the mobo. I have the Solano 1000 case which has a e-Sata hook-up from the front of the case. Can anyone confirm for me if it does or does not include a e-Sata.

Thanks,

More about : asus p6x58d

December 15, 2009 7:19:26 PM

Any thoughts on this?
m
l
January 1, 2010 9:25:24 PM

I have this board. It does not have an eSATA port.

You can plug the solano's eSATA hook-up to one of the onboard SATA ports. But you don't get hot-plug.
m
l
Related resources
January 5, 2010 5:50:21 AM

Sorry, but I'm being lazy, so I won't verify this claim. I was just reading about this board elsewhere (http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?p=29076185) and somebody mentioned that the manual says there is an eSATA port as a PCI slot expansion, and somebody else looked and verified. Then I remembered this post, so I thought I'd bring it up here in case it helps.
m
l

Best solution

January 8, 2010 6:54:22 AM

p6x58d board absolutely has an esata but as you implied it is not built into the IO panel it is relocated to one of the expansion card ports (however please note it isn't a pci card or anything of the sort it plugs into a sata port). I could be wrong but it is my understanding that you don't need to have an esata specific feature on your motherboard if you have the port on your case... you should just be able to plug the port into a standard sata port.
February 18, 2010 7:39:19 AM

About a month since the last post but i would like to clarify; (I have the p6x58d premium btw)
Yes there is an eSATA port through expansion card (along with 2 USB ports) meaning you have to plug it into one of the onboard SATA sockets. The manual recommends to use AHCI mode when using hot-plug and NCQ(Native Command Queuing) - but since I (and most ppl) want to use raid i would suggest using the Marvel SATA for this purpose and not the ICH10R and set it to AHCI (aAdvanced->Onboard Devices->Marvell 9123 Controller).
m
l
!