Sign in with
Your question

CPU Heating problem

Last response: in CPUs
September 24, 2009 5:17:12 AM

Hello guys, hope you can help me. I want to make sure that 80C isnt a normal temp for my CPU, I am almost sure it isnt. I am planning on buying an new cooler, cuz I use the one that came with my processor which is Pentium 4 3.0gHZ extreme. When I play games the games usuallt slow down and the FPS goes down to 8-10. The graphics card is fine and should run the game at full graphics no problem, it is an SAPPHIRE ATI Radeon x1650PRO 512mb. My RAM is fine too 1gig. I play Counter-Strike Source, half life 2 and sometimes crysis in medium-low graphics. Iv already tried to play all games at low but nothing changed. Oh and my Motherboard is P5PE-VM. The graphics card also has some high temps btw the graphics card came with the manufacturers cooler SAPPHIRE, around 60-90. RAM is 20-30.

Thanks guys!

More about : cpu heating problem

September 24, 2009 6:23:14 AM

Add a new CPU & Case fan if the previous fans are old.

Ensure proper ventilation of the case , try to open some of the unused PCI slot backpanel covers.

If these does not work try fluid cooling system (Thermaltake is the best) , it works like a magic.
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 9:39:13 AM

Kick the tires and light the fires!

Give your computer a good old dust out.

Replace thermal paste.

Fix up the thermal problems.

Maybe get an extra GB of RAM.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
September 24, 2009 12:13:23 PM

LOL thermaltake "best" at liquid cooling ha ha ha

P4 EE are known for their hot running properties. Do you have the stock Intel HSF ? if so ditch it in favour of something better - www.thecoolingshop.com
and it should help with temps.
September 28, 2009 1:53:05 PM

Yea I think its the stock heatsink and fan, cuz it says Genuine Intel or sumthing. I can buy from the site you suggested, sorry I live in Sweden lol. Iv already found one that is pretty good and witch good price. Its made by Zalman and fits in a socket 775, which is my case. When I installed it I will come back with results. Oh and btw, in 5-6 months Im gonna buy a new PC. =O. HEre are the specs: Quad-Core 2.8GhZ, 4GB DDR2, 500GB HDD, XFX 4770 512MB or Gainward 9800GT 1GB. A pretty nice rig, but I am looking forward to the ATI 5870 =O.
!