Overclocked PC wont wake up after sleep mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptar

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
I overclocked my i7 2600k yesterday @ 4.5ghz with 1.28v and I have this problem when my pc goes into sleep mode, it wont wake up?
I press space bar and it sounds like it wakes up, but my screen doesn't come on or my keyboard lights (keyboard lights flash on when I touch the space bar)
can someone please help?

Sounds more like an issue with Windows. Sleep mode can be finicky.

First off, though, have you tried going back down to a lower OC to see if sleep works? Have you fully stress tested CPU and RAM? Have you OCed anything else (GPU?).

Also it might have something to do with your system configuration and/or the windows power settings.

fullofzen

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2011

A few questions:

1) What motherboard do you have?

2) What OS?

aday

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
I have the exact same problem. Overclocked a 2600k on an asus P8Z68-V Pro motherboard to 4.8GHz and it works fine when it's booted up fresh, but it won't come back from sleep. (Although, I also noticed that it lags a little bit going from the login screen to a useable desktop, whereas it didn't before I OCed it.)

mcannall

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2011
I also have the exact same problem with a P8Z68-V. Overclocked I52500K totally stable in all cases, but won't wake from sleep. Seems to wake up, fans spin etc, but doesn't actually wake. After hard powering off, system loads back from hybernation file. I set the machine so it won't go into sleep as a temporary work around, but this is a motherboard issue, not a "Windows" issue.

aday

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2011
Ah, sorry I hadn't replied to this thread sooner, but I found the solution to the problem I was having. It was one of the bios settings. (I have a P8Z68-V Pro). I believe it was the "EPU power saving mode". When disabled, it didn't come back from sleep. It's been a while since I solved this, so I may be off a little bit, but I'm sure it was one of the bios settings. Hope that helps.

monkeysweat

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Also, windows 7 storage drivers suck,, i found going to intel and getting the intel storage matrix drivers or going to amd and getting their ahci / raid drivers helped

Status
Not open for further replies.